Burn or shipping abrasion?

Psychedelic Chams

Established Member
Just got my faly and when i was setting up his basking light this black mark caught my eye

Attachments

• CAM00792-1.jpg
    CAM00792-1.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 156
  • CAM00796-1.jpg
    CAM00796-1.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 136
  • CAM00790.jpg
    CAM00790.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 133
I am no way in any form a expert but that to me looks like a burn. sorry! poor guy. hope it heals fast and well.

A burn would be longer, follow his spine as opposed to crosswise, be higher up on his body (read: the areas closer to the offending hot light) and potentially be white. To me it looks like a bruise, maybe he got pinched or bumped accidentally somewhere along the line. If the wound is not open or bleeding it should go away on its own. The spikes there will not grow back unfortunately. Aside from that he is a very handsome fellow. Enjoy your new guy.

Amazing faly, I've had panthers with burns imo is too small for a burn looks like a bruise. He's awesome congrats on him

What a handsome little man! Congrats! That doesn't look like a burn to me. I'm with the others on this one. He must have rubbed his back in the bag or deli cup and got that bruise.

Thanks everyone only reason for my concern was it was a crazy coincidence that the bruise was located where he was missing spikes hes great better pics to follow soon thanks everyone he seems to be loving him new home :) he is super friendly

What a handsome little man! Congrats! That doesn't look like a burn to me. I'm with the others on this one. He must have rubbed his back in the bag or deli cup and got that bruise.

Amazing faly, I've had panthers with burns imo is too small for a burn looks like a bruise. He's awesome congrats on him

Yeah, super nice Faly!

Great answer Trace. I don't need to say the same thing again here

Back
Top Bottom