bumps on ribcage??? help!

heres a picture of her weird bumps. if anyone knows what it could be please let me know!

Attachments

• azula.jpg
    azula.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 175
Looks to me like it is exactly what I suspected and mentioned earlier in this thread. The ribs are fractured from inadequate usable calcium.

I remember a time years ago when this was sadly more common with veileds when beginners grew babies. Given a decent amount of heat they grow really fast and if inadequate supplementation is given along with lots of food, you get brittle weak ribs that fracture like this.

That is my opinion without actually seeing the lizard in person anyway.

She was teetering on the edge of this before you got her a week ago. The previous owner was not getting this animal the calcium and/or d3 it needed prior to your acquiring it.

The good news is her legs look good- I can't see her face and eyes and don't know what is going on with her sleep but I would guess that if she is given proper care now she should improve and live a normal life and even look pretty much normal and move well compared to the ones you see that get rubber soft bones in their legs. But she will always have some bumps there after the bones heal.

Last edited:
My poor baby! I hope it isn't hurting her. But she doesn't seem to be in pain so im not too worrued. I've started giving her calcium every day now and other vitamins twice a month. She is drinking better and seems a little more perky today so i hope things go up from here.

Flux is correct unfortunately,
Correct its calcium supplimentation and ensure its getting uvb in order to metabolise it and it should be ok, though the damage will remain its unlikely to effect it.
Best wishes

Back
Top Bottom