Bumps on chameleon

Ceci8104

I've had my chameleon for almost 7 months now and I rarely handle her ( I assume it's a female as I dont see any back spurs and no bulge on its tail) it's been worrying me how she has these bumps that can be seen from the sides as well as from above. Shes had them for at least 2-3 weeks. Is she to thin? Does she have broken ribs or a parasite?

Attachments

• 20200706_140439.jpg
    20200706_140439.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 20200706_140733.jpg
    20200706_140733.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 104
My veiled has exactly that. I'm pretty sure thats broken ribs.
Here's my veiled with suspected broken ribs

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-07-06 at 10.17.18.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-07-06 at 10.17.18.jpeg
    336.6 KB · Views: 76
In the meantime can you please fill out this form so we can get more information so we can help her heal :)

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

It looks like quite a few of her ribs are broken so I would reccomend going to the vet
Thank you, I will it's very worrying because idk how she broke so many ribs. I dont handle her rarely ever and when I do it's to take her out of the enclosure to clean her cage.

Thank you, I will it's very worrying because idk how she broke so many ribs. I dont handle her rarely ever and when I do it's to take her out of the enclosure to clean her cage.
It could be because of not enough calcium or not good enough uvb. Fill out the form above so we can see the issue^^^. Thanks!

I agree with filling out the form for a husbandry review. She also looks heavy in the body. Has she laid eggs already?

Back
Top Bottom