Bump on tail (stuck shed?)

ngeary999

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Napoleon is a male Nosy Be panther chameleon. 2 years, 8 months old. I've had him for the last two and a half years.
  • Handling - Never
  • Feeding - BSFL and dubias mostly with some superworms, hornworms, and silkworms mixed in. Dubias are gut-loaded with carrots, sweet potatoes, apples, oranges and Repashy Bug Burger. Feed him 2-4 times a week.
  • Supplements - None
  • Watering - Automatic mister. I do see him drinking sometimes.
  • Fecal Description - Feces is brown, smooth, well-shaped. Urates are clean white but sometimes have an orange section if he hasn't pooped in a long time. Tested negative for parasites over a year ago.
  • History - No significant health problems.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Tall Dragon Strand screen cage.
  • Lighting - ReptiSun 10.0 for UV and separate heat bulb. Both are elevated a few inches above the top of the cage.
  • Temperature - Ambient temperature is usually 64-82 F.
  • Humidity - Humidity is usually 20-60%.
  • Plants - Live croton and pothos plus some fake plants.
  • Placement - Cage is situated on top of a table so he is elevated. He has had a few spots but they are all low-traffic areas.
  • Location - Southern California

Current Problem - He has a large white bump on his tail that has slowly grown for many months. He has had other small white bumps but they generally fall off with subsequent sheds. I've been waiting for this one to be shed but it has only grown bigger over time. Everything else about his behavior and appearance seems healthy. I've tried increasing the misting schedule and giving him long showers. He has also recently had a weeklong stretch of very low humidity but that didn't make a difference either.

Is this bump something that I should be concerned about? What can I do to help him shed it?

The first picture shows the large white bump on the left side of his tail. The second picture shows his most recent shed with some other small white bumps on his right side.

Attachments

• IMG_9204.jpg
    IMG_9204.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_3823.jpg
    IMG_3823.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom