Bump on panther chameleons eye

Loki_chameleon

Hello!
I’m new to the forums! Actually made an account to help with this!

I have a 5 year old male panther chameleon named Loki who has NEVER had a health issue! last night I found a small bump on his right eye after examining it and seeing that it irritated him I decided to take him to the vet! Tonight I went in to see my fantastic vet, she tried flushing out his sinuses as she believed that was the issue, but the bump blocked it and she was not able to get anything out. He is on medication for pain and a sinus infection. I feel horrible. His bump is now growing into his skull and I’m scared it will do damage. I’m just so confused by all of this as I properly care for him! His hunger and thirst is absolutely fine and so is his activity! He’s balanced and happy as always, well aside from the itching! He is a free roamer for the most part, I have his cage along with a few plants he has the option to walk out on. He has the proper lights and everything! I really researched before getting him 5 years ago! Could it be a tumour? Can it be anything else?

if its growing it might be an abscess i would take him to a vet, brody is right tho, we need pics in order to really tell if any of us can figure it out

if its growing it might be an abscess i would take him to a vet, brody is right tho, we need pics in order to really tell if any of us can figure it out

The vet gave Loki pain meds, antibiotics and meds for vitamin a deficiency.

Attachments

• F46B9938-7FA6-4EC0-8888-EEF30AEB6D04.jpeg
    F46B9938-7FA6-4EC0-8888-EEF30AEB6D04.jpeg
    333.9 KB · Views: 62
  • AD3DD2F4-F66E-4EE6-8164-146587F64D26.jpeg
    AD3DD2F4-F66E-4EE6-8164-146587F64D26.jpeg
    161.6 KB · Views: 112
  • 428BA598-108A-4772-83DA-19BF12B8765C.jpeg
    428BA598-108A-4772-83DA-19BF12B8765C.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 97
It appears that it is a possible abscess as others have mentioned. Did your vet give you Fortaz ? If you are not seeing improvement in a few days I would go back or at least call the office, Did Vet aspirate lump or take any type of sample?
I hope he is gets better asap.

It appears that it is a possible abscess as others have mentioned. Did your vet give you Fortaz ? If you are not seeing improvement in a few days I would go back or at least call the office, Did Vet aspirate lump or take any type of sample?
I hope he is gets better asap.
He did not receive any Fortaz medication! I will watch him closely! Other then the lump his appetite and activity is perfectly normal! The vet tried to flush out the sinuses but could not, the lump was in the way.

He did not receive any Fortaz medication! I will watch him closely! Other then the lump his appetite and activity is perfectly normal! The vet tried to flush out the sinuses but could not, the lump was in the way.
Do you remember the antibiotic he gave? Did he give you a systemic or a topical?
That is good that his demeanor is not changed and appetite still good. I do know that depending on the type of bacteria in reptiles the material can be a little thicker. In small companion animals we would advise to warm compress the area, Did the Vet recommend that at all for his eye?

Back
Top Bottom