Bump in Stomach - Male Veiled

Necorawr

Chameleon Info:

* Your Chameleon - Male Veiled Chameleon, in my care about two months, around 4 months of age. (?)
* Handling - Normally once maybe twice a week to clean his cage. The last three days I've handled him daily because I was feeding him reptaid. One drop from the tip of a syringe as was on the weight chart.
* Feeding - Small crickets (not pinheads but the size up), gutloaded with Jurassi-quench, cricket crack, collard greens and blueberries.
* Supplements - Jurassi-Cal three times a week (I cut back because white stuff was coming out of his nose) crickets lightly dusted - NOT covered in white. D3 once every two weeks or so.
* Watering - Spray bottle and a 'little dripper.' I see him drink every time I spray.
* Fecal Description - Never tested, brown with white on the end.
* History - From petco, bought him with an eye issue in a death trap. He continuously kept one eye closed and bulged it out, but with mistings and keeping the humidity up he stopped closing it after his first shed with me.

Cage Info:

* Cage Type - Screen cage, 18x18x20.
* Lighting - Reptiglo linear tube, and a blue zoomed basking bulb. 11am to 9pm (my work schedule.)
* Temperature - Basking spot is at 84, the lowest part of the cage is at 76. I have an Acu-Rite digital thermometer from home depo, and another one up in the top of the cage.
* Humidity - 52 through most of the day. A warm mist humidifier is in the room, and I spray his tank down three to four times a day, more if it drops too low. Warm mistings.
* Plants - Two different types of live plants I just bought two days ago. An umbrella plant and a golden pathos. The pathos just went in last night.
* Placement - On a computer desk in my bedroom, low traffic unless I'm going to bed. It's about 5" - 5" 1/2ft from the floor up to the top of the cage.
* Location - Dallas, Texas area.

Current Problem - Ever since I put him in the new screen cage (he had previously been in a glass terrarrium because he was so tiny, they said he was 'two weeks', I'm not certain.) he has been bulging his right eye again and rubbing it on leaves, vines, branches, my hand. I've put saline drops in it and it seems to help so long as the humidity is very high.
TODAY - I noticed something in his stomach. It's like, a bump. I'm afraid it's an impaction, though there is no soil he can get to nor substrate. I also can't seem to find any poop in his cage as of yesterday, but I'm thinking it may just be lost in the plants. By the pictures, any idea what it is?
He's also a little darker than usual, hes normally a very bright green. But, if hes not a light brown then hes a yellow-green. In the third picture that's what hes been for a few hours. It's also the best shot of the bump, I think. :/

Attachments

• IMG_20110218_181156.jpg
    IMG_20110218_181156.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_20110218_181210.jpg
    IMG_20110218_181210.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_20110218_181236.jpg
    IMG_20110218_181236.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 316
Welcome to the forums. What a cute little cham! I see a few things that you need to correct with your husbandry. I'm attaching my blog for you so you can see how I do everything with great success. As for him rubbing his eyes try lifting the light up off of his enclosure. A new UVB blub puts out allot of UV and sometimes it bothers their eyes. Also you have him way to hot. Get his basking spot down to 80 and the ambient in the mid 70's. I'm not sure about the bump on his stomach. If it doesn't go away in a day or two I would recommend a visit to a good chameleon vet. https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html

Welcome to the forums. What a cute little cham! I see a few things that you need to correct with your husbandry. I'm attaching my blog for you so you can see how I do everything with great success. As for him rubbing his eyes try lifting the light up off of his enclosure. A new UVB blub puts out allot of UV and sometimes it bothers their eyes. Also you have him way to hot. Get his basking spot down to 80 and the ambient in the mid 70's. I'm not sure about the bump on his stomach. If it doesn't go away in a day or two I would recommend a visit to a good chameleon vet. https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html
Thanks!
Also, both lights are lifted off of the enclosure, the UVB is about a foot above it, but he still closes his eye whenever it's on. How high can it go before it doesn't work on him?

Also, will do! I just shifted the basking bulb up a bit higher to drop the temps on that. I'm still worried about his stomach.

I'm not sure what your weather's like but if you can get him outside for natural uv it would be the best think for him. I have a baby that could not take a UVB light and had to have nothing but natural UVB for the first two months of her life. I still keep the UVB bulb up away from her, use an older bulb and take her outside as much as possible.

I remember reading about her! Elly, right? She's adorable.

And I think that may be his issue, I've gotten him outside a few times but it's been so cold here I haven't gotten the chance in the past few weeks. It's slowly warming up though, so hopefully he can go outside soon. It looks like that eye is shedding, just his right eye.

Back
Top Bottom