Bumblebees

Hyokenseisou

So not that the world needs less bees or anything, but would bees be safe for a cham to eat (with stinger removed)? This year the bees are HUGE and are out and about now, so I figured catching him the occasional treat might be nice?

I wouldn't go out of my way to catch these for him all the time and such, but if I did come across a few, would it be safe for him to eat? (again, stinger removed)

What about earthworms too? Ladybugs?

Lady bugs are poisonous and I think earthworms excrete too much mucus... plus they take on lots of heavy metals, I think... Not sure about bees. I have heard of people feeding bees but never quite heard of the result so someone else will have to chime in

This has been asked before and the general consensus is bees are ok to feed. Chameleons can probably even handle the stinger but I would remove it if they will be put inside the cage with your cham. Bees have been found to be part of some chameleon's diets in the wild.

Earthworms I'm not sure of. Ladybugs are a NO! They are poisonous.

As with all wild-caught prey there is a risk of parasites. Also, make sure your wild-caught bugs are from an area free of pesticides.

Back
Top Bottom