Bulk Crickets

vgaines

I am growing tired of going to the pet store all of the time to get crickets. After paying anywhere from .10(at mom and pop pet store) to .14(Petco) per cricket I am leaning towards trying to breed my own. I have a lot of mouths to feed and I am in need of different size crickets. (8 month old male veiled:Rebel, baby beardie:Fire, adult male crested gecko: Scrappy and three fire bellied toads) :eek: I was thinking that breeding my own would solve the different size issue.

I was also wondering what other feeder, that is good for my babies, is easy to breed. I was considering Dubia Roaches but I'm a little worried that the colony would get out hand and I would end up with way more that I could feed off.

As always, any and all suggestion are appreciated.

Thanks in advance :D

I was considering Dubia Roaches but I'm a little worried that the colony would get out hand and I would end up with way more that I could feed off.

Id do the roaches, theyre a million times better than crickets in terms of mess and hassle, and any extras you could probably just sell to other enthusiasts...especially considering theyre not readily available at pet stores

Id do the roaches, theyre a million times better than crickets in terms of mess and hassle, and any extras you could probably just sell to other enthusiasts...especially considering theyre not readily available at pet stores

Thanks for the fast reply. Can I feed roaches instead of crickets as a staple? Also, will the baby roaches be small enough for my fire bellied toads? I do work at a high school that has a small animal program and they have grown beardies and geckos so I could always donate. I also have a friend with a crested and beardie who I'm sure would buy some.

If your not set on breeding your feeders Check out fluker farms. You can buy in bulk. You can get crickets for less then .02c Each depending on quantity and size. Plus they come right to your door. They have other feeders as well.

Thanks for the fast reply. Can I feed roaches instead of crickets as a staple? Also, will the baby roaches be small enough for my fire bellied toads? I do work at a high school that has a small animal program and they have grown beardies and geckos so I could always donate. I also have a friend with a crested and beardie who I'm sure would buy some.

yeah, as long as you gutload then theyre just as good if not better...they have a higher protein content and are easier to care for than crickets, and dont pose any threat to whatever youre feeding either

I order all mine from backwater, they're fantastic and offer sizes in the 1/8th inch range all the way through 2 inches

http://www.backwaterreptiles.com/feeders/dubia-roaches-for-sale.html

Back
Top Bottom