Bulging eyes and lethargic weak please help!

I've taken my chameleons to Berkely Dog and Cat, and her progression took around 4-5 months before it became an open wound. I'm not sure of any places, but @jannb is incredibly good at finding veterinary care and i'd trust what she recommends.

I’ve had 6 girls have this surgery and 4 went on to live a long and happy, quality life. My parsonii girl did not do well with the surgery and passed about two weeks after. I had one other girl that prolapsed when she laid eggs and the vet put the prolapse back in and it came back out so by the time she had the spay surgery, she was so weak and could only lay there so she only made it for two days.

You should check out credit care if you can’t afford surgery or give her to a rescue with good vets that will get the surgery done before she becomes weak. I can recommend rescues if you want to do that.

Also, some vet will let you relinquish your animal, do the surgery and then find it a new home.

Last edited:
You said..."She is a panther chameleon"...oops...that's what I meant to say.

you said..."do you think its possible that she has actually gotten too much vitamins?"...I'm not a vet and can't be sure.

You said..."Now she is more actiVe but rubbing her bulging eyes on things again. Her eyes seem to be very irritating"...you need a vet to figure out what's going on with the eyes.

You said.."maybe its not eggs after all"...she's either grossly overweight or full of eggs IMHO.

How’s Perla today? Any change?
Hi! She is definitely more active, but still seems to be bothered by her eyes. Yesterday she opened both eyes and was crawling around while I was holding her, seemed very alive and very strong grip… she is so confusing. She was opening her mouth, so we sprayed lightly drops in her mouth every time she did that in order to make sure she’s hydrated. I put her in an even quieter place hoping she will lay her eggs soon…. She had some very intense coloring yesterday I’ve never seen on her before too. (Excuse my boyfriends stained hands from dying shirts- they were clean)

Attachments

• C1AA6057-5BB6-46FE-AA58-2B3A1820A0C6.jpeg
    C1AA6057-5BB6-46FE-AA58-2B3A1820A0C6.jpeg
    120.4 KB · Views: 70
You said..."She is a panther chameleon"...oops...that's what I meant to say.

you said..."do you think its possible that she has actually gotten too much vitamins?"...I'm not a vet and can't be sure.

You said..."Now she is more actiVe but rubbing her bulging eyes on things again. Her eyes seem to be very irritating"...you need a vet to figure out what's going on with the eyes.

You said.."maybe its not eggs after all"...she's either grossly overweight or full of eggs IMHO.
Yes I definitely do think she has eggs in her, especially since she’s been receptive and now gravid, I just don’t know if she’s “egg bound”. Thank you for your replies :)

Hi! She is definitely more active, but still seems to be bothered by her eyes. Yesterday she opened both eyes and was crawling around while I was holding her, seemed very alive and very strong grip… she is so confusing. She was opening her mouth, so we sprayed lightly drops in her mouth every time she did that in order to make sure she’s hydrated. I put her in an even quieter place hoping she will lay her eggs soon…. She had some very intense coloring yesterday I’ve never seen on her before too. (Excuse my boyfriends stained hands from dying shirts- they were clean)

I’ve been praying for her.

I wouldn’t think it would be good to hold her in her condition. I think it would be best if you left her in her cage with her lay bin and leave her alone. Just peek at her once a day to see how she’s doing. shell be more likelyto lay her eggs if she has total privacy and quiet.

Back
Top Bottom