bulge on baby belly

recently, i have been noticing more and more a bulge on my chameleon's belly. she is only 4 months old and it has gotten bigger recently. its a very dramatic bulge, about 1/2-1 centimeter sticking out of her belly, the bottom in the middle, it looks like a chameleon's elbow/knee sticking out of her stomach. when shes standing up its on her right side. she's had it for a while but im getting worried. any idea what this could be? could my baby girl be in danger? the second one is how she was before, when she was 3 months, and the first one was today(four months) when i started to get nervous. she's puffing up so she looks fatter, but you can still see the bump quite a lot.

Attachments

• amys belly bigger.jpg
    amys belly bigger.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 127
  • Amy's belly.jpg
    Amy's belly.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 121
Do you think she needs a laybin? Or do you think it's another issue?
well she's only 4 months old and she doesn't even have her big girl colors yet. if she is getting pregnant i cant have it npow i was jsut a bout to move her into her new cage that can accommodate a laying bin of any size.

Hi has she been going to the toilet. Do you keep records. A printed sheet to keep daily records is a good idea View attachment 283975
she has been going regularly, normal poops, but a little dry, but the urates are mostly white. i offer her water twice a day, misting her live plants and avoiding her and her face. very good and consistent, not particular bad shapes but im not an expert yet.

I'm no expert either. But personally I would get your new enclosure sorted and get lay bin ASAP as she is old enough to produce eggs imo. Probably be helpful to also fill in husbandry form. To make sure temps lights blah blah is good for your girl. Its in the health section of how to ask for help . @kinyonga could possibly share a link if you can't find it plz. ?

I'm no expert either. But personally I would get your new enclosure sorted and get lay bin ASAP as she is old enough to produce eggs imo. Probably be helpful to also fill in husbandry form. To make sure temps lights blah blah is good for your girl. Its in the health section of how to ask for help . @kinyonga could possibly share a link if you can't find it plz. ?
thanks guys! i should be decorating her new enclosure, her current one being a temporary fix. her new enclosure is like 9x as big as the one she has now. i will have a laying bin with washed sand at the bottom accompanied with ficus and creeping fig around it, for privacy.

• Your Chameleon - Veiled baby girl, 4 months according to the gotcha date, but shes quite small. had her for 2 months now.
  • Handling - everyday
  • Feeding - superworms everyday, i cut them in half so theyre easier for her to handle, as she is small. i feed her 2-3 in the morning and 2-3 in the afternoon, misting her leaves heavily afterwards.
  • Supplements - i dist it with fluker's without vitamin D3
  • Watering - I mist her cage until almost every leaf has some beads of water on them. i allow it to dry before i remist. i do this twice a day with her food. i do not see her drinking but she responded well to a dripper. of course mine was makeshift and make a total mess but she would catch the droplets with her tongue
  • Fecal Description -brown poop, close to black, pretty dry once i find it, but light urate, almost completely white. everyday
  • History - she was shipped in the mail? i dont know. i fed her some lake flies a while back and i fed her some grubs from the garden out back a week ago. those were both wild caught but for the grubs i cut off the bottoms to avoid any bacteria or dangerous stuff in there.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - screen all the way around, including the top. its 16x12x2 feet. i agree, too small. i have a much larger one, one i built with my dad, that im trying to set up right now. she should be in there within a week :)
  • Lighting - off brand lights, uv lights, idk exactly what it is. i have one light that shines at an angle on the vine at the top. she can crawl on the top to be 4 inches from it but there are plenty of basking spots for her to stay safe. that light s also a temporary fix. i have it on ~12 hours a day, as recommended, but my last light fixture was broken and so i couldnt use the timer. now im trying to find a balance
  • Temperature - i cant know exactly cause u haven't measured, but i know that the basking spot is ~80-85 degrees, and the bottom is ~75 degrees. i should note that the fan is on a lot, and the night temp is about 75, except for recently, when the freeze came in. now i hold her while i sit in the warm living room for a while.
  • Humidity - the humidity is the humidity in the house, about 40% humidity, using a dehumidifier since we have high humidity here. its off this time of year, i mist her cage and she's shedding regularly and successfully
  • Plants - Pothos vine going up and down the cage for basking and transport. Ficus benjamina, two 8 inch sprigs, providing all transport cause they sprawl all over.
  • Placement - it is on top of my dresser, about 4 feet off the ground, i pass by it for other reasons that to take care of her about 5 times a day, and the rest of the time shes left alone. she's in my bedroom and we have the fan on at night, but she has fake leaves on the outside of her cage and they provide a wind break of some sort.
  • Location - we are in Texas, middle of the middle of texas, near houston.
problem: bump arising on her belly, not firm but not independent, growing with her, as she is growing quickly. i have no great pictures, but when she's upside down, it looks like there's an elbow sticking out of her belly.

Wow diet man . Supers are high in fat I will attach feeder list. I don't have supers but pachnoda grubs but only like 1 a week. So calcium no d3 every feed then the 15th calcium with d3 once then back to calcium no d3 to the 30th repti vit with d3 and so on. I wouldn't recommend grubs from your yard as you don't know if they have come into contact with pesticides and so on. Lights you need a t5ho linear like repti sun 5%or arcadia 6% for proper uvb. And a night time drop on temp is beneficial to some species as long as its not dropping below 50 i wouldn't panic imo
Screenshot_20200820-133907_Chrome.jpg
20201116_152630.jpg

wait superworms are treats? bro. ive been feeding her only those, for only about a week, but the crickets were so little that i had to feed her so many to get her an adequate amount of them. superworms were so much easier. i will get some crickets again :/. they smell and i share a room. i have a lot of frozen veggies that i used to feed my crickets, so i can gut load them but i just don't like crickets. if only she were big enough to eat locusts or something. anyways, thank you. i cant believe i fed her so many :(. they're not going to be her main meals from now on, we can all be sure.

she is now on a diet of crickets, dusted with calcium supplements, and its without vitamin D3. she has large crickets, cut in half so she can handle them easily. she still hads a bulge on her belly, but im getting other things fixed right now :)

Back
Top Bottom