Bulbs for female veiled chameleon ??

Babybruno1407

6A3524C5-717E-4878-8243-532029E61FB3.jpeg
These are the ones i have from zoo med it came with the kit.

View attachment 216086 These are the ones i have from zoo med it came with the kit.
Get a t5HO linear uvb bulb and fixture when you get the money to replace the compact uvb, get rid of the blue bulb, replace it with a regular white light heat incandescent bulb from the hardware store. If you don’t have them already, get a temp gun for taking basking temps, a lights timer for the uvb and basking- have 12 hours of basking and uvb and 12 hours of complete darkness, and digital hygrometer/thermometer combo for humidity levels and ambient temp while at the hardware store, too.

Get a t5HO linear uvb bulb and fixture when you get the money to replace the compact uvb, get rid of the blue bulb, replace it with a regular white light heat incandescent bulb from the hardware store. If you don’t have them already, get a temp gun for taking basking temps, a lights timer for the uvb and basking- have 12 hours of basking and uvb and 12 hours of complete darkness, and digital hygrometer/thermometer combo for humidity levels and ambient temp while at the hardware store, too.
How many watts should the white light be ??

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Veiled chameleon, female, i got her at petco they said she was 3-6 months old so im not sure, ive had her for a week now
  • Handling - not at all I put a super worm on my arm and let her crawl up my hand to get it but todays the first time ive done that
  • Feeding - about 10 maybe more Medium Crickets a day i give them crickets quencher and red potatoes and dust with calcium no d3, 2 hornworms this week and 2 superworms this week
  • Supplements - Right now only repti calcium no d3
  • Watering -Usually goes to drink from dripper after she eats and after i mist her, i mist her once in the morning before school once right when i get home about 3:00 and once around 7 pm for 2-3 minutes
  • Fecal Description - Dark brown poop ALOT of it everywhere but cant find urates. I found a very white clump of stuff on a leaf the other day that might have been a urate but im not sure
  • History - umm i got her from petco ? They didnt tell me the sex said they werent sure :/

Cage Info:
  • Cage - I got the zoo med chameleon kit its medium has screens all around i put a pillow case on one side because my ac turns on at random times Not sure if that was smart to use a pillow case but i wasnt sure what else i could use
  • Lighting - Zoo med lights i turn off all lights at 8:00pm and turn them on 6:30 am
  • Temperature - On the floor temp is 67° rn basking spot is 76.8°f i measure with the thermometer that came with kit
  • Humidity - Humidity is very high around 70-80 i hand mist three times a day and measure with hydrometer i got from petco
  • Plants - One fake bush plant that came with kit and Two pothos plants im trying to get a hibiscus but cant find them anywhere
  • Placement - Right now she is on the floor until i can convince my dad to buy me a shelf she is in my room and there is an air vent on ceiling to her right pretty far from cage but i still tried to protect her from it with pillow case
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? houston

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Veiled chameleon, female, i got her at petco they said she was 3-6 months old so im not sure, ive had her for a week now
  • Handling - not at all I put a super worm on my arm and let her crawl up my hand to get it but todays the first time ive done that
  • Feeding - about 10 maybe more Medium Crickets a day i give them crickets quencher and red potatoes and dust with calcium no d3, 2 hornworms this week and 2 superworms this week
  • Supplements - Right now only repti calcium no d3
  • Watering -Usually goes to drink from dripper after she eats and after i mist her, i mist her once in the morning before school once right when i get home about 3:00 and once around 7 pm for 2-3 minutes
  • Fecal Description - Dark brown poop ALOT of it everywhere but cant find urates. I found a very white clump of stuff on a leaf the other day that might have been a urate but im not sure
  • History - umm i got her from petco ? They didnt tell me the sex said they werent sure :/

Cage Info:
  • Cage - I got the zoo med chameleon kit its medium has screens all around i put a pillow case on one side because my ac turns on at random times Not sure if that was smart to use a pillow case but i wasnt sure what else i could use
  • Lighting - Zoo med lights i turn off all lights at 8:00pm and turn them on 6:30 am
  • Temperature - On the floor temp is 67° rn basking spot is 76.8°f i measure with the thermometer that came with kit
  • Humidity - Humidity is very high around 70-80 i hand mist three times a day and measure with hydrometer i got from petco
  • Plants - One fake bush plant that came with kit and Two pothos plants im trying to get a hibiscus but cant find them anywhere
  • Placement - Right now she is on the floor until i can convince my dad to buy me a shelf she is in my room and there is an air vent on ceiling to her right pretty far from cage but i still tried to protect her from it with pillow case
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? houston
The veiled care sheet (yes I’ve referenced it a lot) has the appropriate amount per day of feeders for your cham’s age. All feeders need to be gutloaded with a quality gutload of either fruits and veggies and/or a commercial gutload like Cricket Crack, Repashy, Mazuri, and Pangea, etc. Fresh fruits and veggies usually provide enough water but water crystals/gel or a cotton ball soaked in water work well if you feed commercial and don’t make a paste via instructions. I feed silkworms, hornworms (both have their own specialty gutload), crickets, butterworms, black soldier fly larvae and pupated flies, painted lady butterflies, dubia roaches, red runner roaches, ivory-headed roaches, orange-headed roaches, and green banana roaches. Superworms are great as a treat or occasional variety. Mealworms are a no-no. Other great feeders are blue bottle flies and spikes, mantids, stick insects, snails, etc. Supplement with phosphorous free calcium without D3 every feeding, phosphorous free calcium with D3 twice monthly, and a multivitamin twice monthly. If you can, up at least one misting to 5 minutes. When you get the money, invest in an automated mister and a t5HO uvb bulb and fixture. Plastic paint tarp from the hardware store or a dollar store plastic shower curtain works well to cover sides of cages, try to aim the vent away from the cage if you can, or move the cage. Is the cage that came in the kit 16” by 16” by 30” tall? If so, you’ll eventually want to upgrade to a minimum of 18” by 18” by 36” tall. Put the lights on a timer for 12 hours of basking and uvb and 12 hours of complete darkness. Get a shelf and make a drainage system. I’m in Houston, too! Dont’ forget to add a lay bin! Good job on the plants! Could you post a pic of her enclosure, please?

The veiled care sheet (yes I’ve referenced it a lot) has the appropriate amount per day of feeders for your cham’s age. All feeders need to be gutloaded with a quality gutload of either fruits and veggies and/or a commercial gutload like Cricket Crack, Repashy, Mazuri, and Pangea, etc. Fresh fruits and veggies usually provide enough water but water crystals/gel or a cotton ball soaked in water work well if you feed commercial and don’t make a paste via instructions. I feed silkworms, hornworms (both have their own specialty gutload), crickets, butterworms, black soldier fly larvae and pupated flies, painted lady butterflies, dubia roaches, red runner roaches, ivory-headed roaches, orange-headed roaches, and green banana roaches. Superworms are great as a treat or occasional variety. Mealworms are a no-no. Other great feeders are blue bottle flies and spikes, mantids, stick insects, snails, etc. Supplement with phosphorous free calcium without D3 every feeding, phosphorous free calcium with D3 twice monthly, and a multivitamin twice monthly. If you can, up at least one misting to 5 minutes. When you get the money, invest in an automated mister and a t5HO uvb bulb and fixture. Plastic paint tarp from the hardware store or a dollar store plastic shower curtain works well to cover sides of cages, try to aim the vent away from the cage if you can, or move the cage. Is the cage that came in the kit 16” by 16” by 30” tall? If so, you’ll eventually want to upgrade to a minimum of 18” by 18” by 36” tall. Put the lights on a timer for 12 hours of basking and uvb and 12 hours of complete darkness. Get a shelf and make a drainage system. I’m in Houston, too! Dont’ forget to add a lay bin! Good job on the plants! Could you post a pic of her enclosure, please?

A218C8EE-BB8F-4308-9113-F1BB262E2E2D.jpeg

The dripper is on the right side on top and thats mostly where shes at and she sleeps lower down i know theres alot of empty space around the middle but I originally bought 4 pothos plants two small two medium but i couldnt figure out how to make them hang from side or fill middle part with leaves any suggestions?

View attachment 216089
The dripper is on the right side on top and thats mostly where shes at and she sleeps lower down i know theres alot of empty space around the middle but I originally bought 4 pothos plants two small two medium but i couldnt figure out how to make them hang from side or fill middle part with leaves any suggestions?
Put more branches and vines, mostly horizontal, everywhere. Get a hanging platter from the hardware store or a wooden dowel and use fishing line to hang it through the cage onto the dowel

Ohhh i didnt know that. Would the top one work??
Yes, but if you go to Home Depot, Lowe’s, Ace, even Walmart, etc. and get a white light incandescent heat bulb, the’re cheaper or just as cheap and last longer. There’s a website, I think 1000bulbs, that sells only lightbulbs, tons of options

Back
Top Bottom