Bulb that stimulates breeding

Jamall

This is the first time I have seen this bulb has anyone used it.
y6a6apa5.jpg

All uvb bulbs stimulate breeding, they also stimulate not having mbd and dieing lol.

This is just a gimmick to try and get their bulb to sell. I think I can confidently say they have never actually tested this bulb in a study compared to other uvb bulbs.

All uvb bulbs stimulate breeding, they also stimulate not having mbd and dieing lol.

This is just a gimmick to try and get their bulb to sell. I think I can confidently say they have never actually tested this bulb in a study compared to other uvb bulbs.

I'm sure they are basing this on some domestic bird info...different light wavelengths manipulate chickens into laying more than 1 egg a day and other stuff like that. They can technically get away with this claim because UV exposure improves health and calcium/vitamin D metabolism...which in turn permits captive chams to breed at all. Pretty thin though. To check how effective their bulb might be you could always compare the UV spectrum output of their bulb to the others we know are good for chams. It may not be any different. But this is assuming they even provide this information on the package!

Last edited:
I guess that since chameleons find mates by sight, any bulb that allows them to see would promote breeding.

Very interesting it was just the first time I've seen it it does give off a different type of light I like it

Back
Top Bottom