bulb for plants/cham

ckmazdaspeed3

So, I eschew fake plants in cham enclosures... Actually, anywhere. I just hate the look, so I've been very quick to fill my two babies cages with live plants.

Now, of course my chams get their 5.0 uvb bulbs, that is a given, but is there any reason that I can not use a plant grow bulb for plants and for a basking light for my chameleons? Maybe I got the wrong bulb, but the lowes "grow bulb" that I got for my female Veiled's cage puts her basking spot right in the low 80s. So, is that ok?

Also, what is the best plant bulb out there?

i use a gro lux fluorescent, but a lot of the people suggest using a normal 6500k.

what you got sounds fine to me though. someone else might have a different opinion.

We use one UVB bulb and one 6500K bulb in all of our linear fixtures and our plants have never been better! We switched over about a year or two ago and I've noticed a complete difference with the 6500K bulbs.

We use one UVB bulb and one 6500K bulb in all of our linear fixtures and our plants have never been better! We switched over about a year or two ago and I've noticed a complete difference with the 6500K bulbs.

Where do you get 6500K T8 bulbs? Most "grow" bulbs have spikes in the visible range that can cause eye problems.

Im about to build a canopy myself and was debating using VHO bulbs. I used VHO over my reef tank setup a long time and was very pleased by the quality of the bulbs. I am curious to use them over my cham enclosure.

Home Depot has this kind of light in 60, 75 & 120w

This is the 75w
Philips Agro 75-Watt BR30 Plant Light Bulb (E*)

Would this work and not hurt the cham???

Where do you get 6500K T8 bulbs? Most "grow" bulbs have spikes in the visible range that can cause eye problems.

I can't remember if we buy them at Home Depot or Lowes but I think its Lowes. I'll try to find some old boxes and let you know. They also have CFL 6500K lights that we've used before with similar results, except the plants grow a bit unevenly and must be rotated then.

Back
Top Bottom