Building pvc enclosure

Uri

Avid Member
I wanna start building pvc enclosures as the ones available for sale are well expensive and although I’m not experienced with building I did make a couple diy enclosures with mourning gecko babies and my viper gecko females and wanna get into this to make a custom enclosure to my needs. Does anyone have any advice? I wanna start with a screen top hole for airflow and to avoid stagnant air, and side and back vents and cable holes if needed to allow dry outs

Is this something exclusively for personal use, or do you have thoughts/plans on making a business of it?

I have done some thinking of my own on building something similar to Bill’s DSC. finding the high quality materials and time invested to create your own isn’t worth it to me. You may end up saving a few bucks but nothing to get excited over. If anything just knowing you built it would be it. And for a beautiful indoor enclosure I would lean towards Dales cages over @ https://tamura-designs.com/ seen them make appearance at the Anaheim RSS. I believe @Action Jackson would agree 😉

Is this something exclusively for personal use, or do you have thoughts/plans on making a business of it?
Exclusively personal as my baby geckos are getting around that size and I would like to add other animals to my collection with pvc enclosures

Exclusively personal as my baby geckos are getting around that size and I would like to add other animals to my collection with pvc enclosures
Then I would pick one that's being made that you like, and build your own version, adding your own improvements/embellishments.

Then I would pick one that's being made that you like, and build your own version, adding your own improvements/embellishments.
That’s a great idea I actually found out that the people at the last expo I went to are going to another near me that sell nice enclosures for cheap for me it’s the screen tops that are invaluable as it allows me to provide lighting without putting anything in the cage to burn my reptiles and one of those off of big vendors never go below $200 at a good size

I wanna start building pvc enclosures as the ones available for sale are well expensive and although I’m not experienced with building I did make a couple diy enclosures with mourning gecko babies and my viper gecko females and wanna get into this to make a custom enclosure to my needs. Does anyone have any advice? I wanna start with a screen top hole for airflow and to avoid stagnant air, and side and back vents and cable holes if needed to allow dry outs
An idea cut sides out if you using plywood or pvc cut a hole as in a square an stable chicken wire around the area you want air flow …

Back
Top Bottom