Building a savannah monitor cage outside??

Darthroastcoffee

Avid Member
ok so I was thinking of building a cage outside for my savannah monitor for nice hot days but the more I think of it the more I worry about can he catch parasites from being on grass/dirt, I can frame out a platform but I figured He would like the dirt and grass. I was goin to dig the walls like a foot in the ground so he can’t dig under I can also build dirt up so he don’t but I’m more worried about him possibly getting parasites or diseases. I don’t spray any pesticides I have kids so nothing harmful around either. He’s almost 2 foot long? If anyone has any helpful info on parasites or tilps for outside cages for what to put in it I would really appreciate the info and opinions. Thanks

I wouldn't worry about parasites, s savannah is a very hardy lizard and a healthy savannah will not have problems dealing with your backyard anymore than you do.
Giving him a space in the natural sun will be a great gift for him so don't let a worry about parasites worry you.

You can also bring a stool sample to the vet and have it tested, your vet should also be able to treat him against worms.

I'd worry more about them escaping so I'd not leave him unsupervised unless you also make sure he can't dig under the screen.

Send us some pics when you're done!

That sounds good. I’ll definitely post some pictures when I’m done I’ll probably frame it out soon I have the lumber. I just need to pick up the screen. I found some at homedepot that’s coated aluminum should be ok I have to go check it out still to make sure

Back
Top Bottom