Building a new viv - advice needed!

StickyPad

Okay, so I'm building a new viv for my female veiled for when she gets older, but I want it to be big enough to last her whole life. She is now 9 months old. What dimensions do you recommend? Preferably in cm. it's going to be greenhouse plastic from a website I found, and the roof has to be mesh. Has anyone got any advice on the door? Hinged or sliding? If so, how do I go about making it? I was thinking 45cm/45cm/60cm....or bigger? Help wanted! Thanks :)

I'm not sure on the female size but I am assuming it would be about the same as a male.

I think the sliding door idea is neato though. :)

Hello, I have my veiled in a 2x2x4 Cage n she loves it here are some old pics currently changing her plants, make sure to get plants that can handle direct sunlight i killed mine, putting new ones in today, post pictures of them later

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361647658932.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361647658932.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 76
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361647676174.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361647676174.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 64
Hello, I have my veiled in a 2x2x4 Cage n she loves it here are some old pics currently changing her plants, make sure to get plants that can handle direct sunlight i killed mine, putting new ones in today, post pictures of them later

Thanks! How did you attach the doors? Do you recommend wood sides? I'm not really sure how to hinge the door/doors if they are plastic...

Lol i just got screen door clasps, they spin over the screen door. I tried hinges but the door wouldnt stay closed

wow, looks amazing! do you know where I could purchase reaaaalllly cheap mesh for the roof in the uk? because i only need 50cmx50cm, but they are all 5 meters and all.....plus I'm quite young and simply dont have the spare money lying around!

Maybe a home improvement store? They have literally everything! Lol :) Not for sure about over in the uk but we have Home Depot.

well thanks! I will try homebase.
Just wondering which are most suitable: wooden sided vivs or screen sided?

Back
Top Bottom