Building a home.

Loribeth

I am getting my cham in about a month. He is about ready to hatch anyday i so cited! anywho I was advised to start his home now. I have read that keeping them in a rubbermaid for a little while is best a first. As for the big enclosure, has anyone had problems with toe injuries and screens? I read that regular netting is best. Anyone have good or bad experience with either one? thanks.

How old will ur cham be when you get it? 3 months... the normal selling age would be too big for a tub. If you are going to get ur cham at 3-4 weeks, just be ready with lots of small crix. Screen is cheap and easy you can have problems if you have a real screen walker or a rub'r... in such an event you can add a walking grid over the screen... If you are handy you can always build a custom cage. But truth be told the screen cage is usually the best way to go.

How old will ur cham be when you get it? 3 months... the normal selling age would be too big for a tub. If you are going to get ur cham at 3-4 weeks, just be ready with lots of small crix. Screen is cheap and easy you can have problems if you have a real screen walker or a rub'r... in such an event you can add a walking grid over the screen... If you are handy you can always build a custom cage. But truth be told the screen cage is usually the best way to go.

i will get him at about 2 weeks or so. and my hubby is going to convert a cabinet e got into a screen cage. screen is fine tho? not the netting?

he is a veiled. and we are shopping for all that either today or tomorrow. as i still have about 3 weeks before i get him. you have lighting suggestions?

for UVB make sure you get a Repti-sun 5.0 linear tube style. no other. NO COMPACT LIGHTS!

good luck!

As far as screen for the cage goes, I recommend using a pet screen for the sides, and then aluminum for the top. I've found the pet screen to be the best on their nails, but have found that it filters out a lot of the light. Also I like to line the insides of my cages with plastic poultry fencing, to help insure nails don't get caught. Plus it's really easy to twist tie vines and branches to the fencing:
P1080077.jpg

Pet Screen:
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100614677&N=10000003+90401
Poultry Fence:
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100384028

Back
Top Bottom