Building a cage

KTown333

I am thinking about buying some wood and screen and building a double cage for a breeding pair of Panthers. Does anyone have any good links on hand built cages? Or anyone have any tips for one. The one thing I was worried about is the wood. Do you leave it raw or stain it? Will the wet wood cause it to mold? Just some concerns I had. Thank you!

If you take the time and look on here, there are plenty of build threads! one useful bit of advise i can offer is varnish the wood to seal it from the effect of high humidity levels which will assist the growth of mold and rot the wood,(marine varnish is one of the better options as it will protect the wood from the effects of UV!) hope this helps a little?

I am thinking about buying some wood and screen and building a double cage for a breeding pair of Panthers. Does anyone have any good links on hand built cages? Or anyone have any tips for one. The one thing I was worried about is the wood. Do you leave it raw or stain it? Will the wet wood cause it to mold? Just some concerns I had. Thank you!

http://www.cagecompany.com/

Back
Top Bottom