Building a Ball Python Enclosure

Kali11

Established Member
I have had my ball python for many years, she's an older girl. But I have been wanting to build her a new tank for a few months now. It's hard to get a good plan down bc I have to many ideas lol. We want to build it out of 1/2 gauge chicken wire and wood, so we can make it as big as we want it. All the videos I've watched on glass just seems out of my ability to build.
So, using the wire and wood, what are some ideas on how to hang the branches etc? I'm worried they will be to heavy. She's a big girl, about 5 1/2 feet. Any advice?

I have had my ball python for many years, she's an older girl. But I have been wanting to build her a new tank for a few months now. It's hard to get a good plan down bc I have to many ideas lol. We want to build it out of 1/2 gauge chicken wire and wood, so we can make it as big as we want it. All the videos I've watched on glass just seems out of my ability to build.
So, using the wire and wood, what are some ideas on how to hang the branches etc? I'm worried they will be to heavy. She's a big girl, about 5 1/2 feet. Any advice?
I would have thought a glass or plexi glass front would be best and can easily be hinged to drop down (or up) or open to the sides.

As long as your structure is sound to fix to, there's loads of fixing options for branches. Without knowing what your construction is going to be, I can't suggest anything in particular.

Holy beegesus 5 1/2 feet!! They are floor dwellers, they hide under or inside of stuff, and can squeeze themselves in the smallest places, I would make sure the chicken wire is smaller than 1/4 of the width of her head otherwise she will die in it, beiing they are floor dwellers stumped me in building a large cage, with limited space, I came up with 3' platforms every 2 feet up to the ceiling 2 feet over door with a 6'wide 2' deep meander from ceiling to floor with plexiglass, wood and screen, I have not built it yet, but when I do thats what it will be

Back
Top Bottom