Build plans to buy

This is really interesting! I noticed they have some “kits” listed, and for a lot of money…I don’t know much about PVC prices but are they that much that it would make a product $400? And that doesn’t include anything but the frame. Just curious what others think about this or if that sounds like an appropriate price?

I thought it might help some who may want to build their own but lack the planning skills to do so (like me). Or maybe will inspire someone.
I've designed a few from the same materials (building lists of suppliers)—no plans to start another business. Fortunately, the fabricators have it down so that it's basically tinker toys for adults—simple assembly with simple tools—like ordering a kit.

There are other options if you want something that looks a bit nicer. I don’t quite have the site up yet, but I have been developing an enclosure system using extruded aluminum. Prices would vary but the key part is that the plans will be free. I will sell kits but you will also be able to shop for your own parts.

T-Slot extruded aluminum is very universal allowing for easy build.

I can say a 4 x 4 x 8 frame would be under $400

I will try to get at least the base site up soon with some pics

I did aluminum frame with 1/4 pvc. For a 2x2x4 was about 350 a cage. For a 2x4x4 was about 500. I have all parts to put 2x4x4 together just haven't yet did the 2x2x4 already two of them. Have pics in a post I did

Got any pics ?
1642033564690.jpeg

Yeah, but wow that's high-end :eek:—extremely expensive compared to Quick Frame (or equiv.)

That's... pretty big. :confused: :unsure:
That would be a huge cage, more outside. It is a bit over kill for chams, but it is geared toward larger animals as well. The other key difference is that quick frame cadges once built are built. These are expandable and modular. It is not a replacement for the standard screen cages. It is more heavy duty. The other advantage is that side material can be swapped out so you can go from screen to solid using different materials depending on your need. parts are universal and no special tools required to assemble or disassemble. 2x2x3 1/2 is the smallest size. It is geared toward larger cages.
Also Remember it is an enclosure building system, not a single cage. All that said if you are just going for a 2x2x4 screen cage for a cham the standards work quite well. But if you want more custom sizing, greater strength for larger lizards or snakes, or just the ability to expand easily on your enclosure this may be the way to go.
I did aluminum frame with 1/4 pvc. For a 2x2x4 was about 350 a cage. For a 2x4x4 was about 500. I have all parts to put 2x4x4 together just haven't yet did the 2x2x4 already two of them. Have pics in a post I did
Do note I only said frame. So with siding it would be more. but I was comparing to the to the PVC frame kit.

Back
Top Bottom