Bugs??

stephen123

K do where can I get some bad ass bugs for my Jackson?? He is kinda tiny still so I needa start beefin him up, what would you guys recommend?

I did crickets for a long time but hate them. I am looking to start a Beatle colony tried horned worms. But half of them arrived too big. Some mealworms not sure yet what else I will do yet.

Try to get him about five different insects to keep him interested. I use crickets, superworms, and wax worms that you can get just about any pet store. Make sure you're getting superworms and not giant meal worms. Giant meal worms are given hormones that make them grow faster which can be bad for your cham. The crested gecko food that sits at the bottom of my enclosure creates a good array of fruit flys, and I'm sure some bananas or other fruits (research fruits jacksons can eat) will do the trick. I'm looking for butter worms now to try to get to my fifth.

Yeah mine decided he was sick of crickets and only would eat them with calcium on them. The only thing is you can't do that all the time so I got him some waxworms and holy crap he loves them and he has grown a fair amount with them and crickets and some Beatles here and there. Also do some research about gut loading to it works wonders!

Try to get him about five different insects to keep him interested. I use crickets, superworms, and wax worms that you can get just about any pet store. Make sure you're getting superworms and not giant meal worms. Giant meal worms are given hormones that make them grow faster which can be bad for your cham. The crested gecko food that sits at the bottom of my enclosure creates a good array of fruit flys, and I'm sure some bananas or other fruits (research fruits jacksons can eat) will do the trick. I'm looking for butter worms now to try to get to my fifth.

What kind of fruit can jacksons eat? And do you just put fruit at the bottom of the cage, and fruit flies show up.. and they can eat the fruit flies??

Yeah mine decided he was sick of crickets and only would eat them with calcium on them. The only thing is you can't do that all the time so I got him some waxworms and holy crap he loves them and he has grown a fair amount with them and crickets and some Beatles here and there. Also do some research about gut loading to it works wonders!

Waxworms are very fatty. Should only be given as a treat. Equivelent to us eating loads of mars bars.lol

What kind of fruit can jacksons eat? And do you just put fruit at the bottom of the cage, and fruit flies show up.. and they can eat the fruit flies??

Jacksons don't eat fruit to my best knowledge. I have never heard of anyone feeding jacksons anything besides live prey.

Just try googling it if you can't find it in Sandra's blog, but if you look around enough on the blogs connections you can probably find all your answers.

Back
Top Bottom