Bugs! Need advise

Tatezor

So I want to transfer some springtails from my old to my new enclosure. But upon examining the old enclosure the substrate is infested with more than just springtails. I have seen some mite looking things? They look almost like tics.. even a little brown in color. As well as some elongated almost sprintail looking bugs but they appear to have wings and I think as adults they fly a little. Cause i di see some flying. They are not white. Alot more transparent in color. I don't wanna transfer them if they are harmful. But there is loads of springtails I do want to transfer... is there a way to catch only the springtails.. or would the other bugs be safe to transfer as well? Need help..

Rontti

Established Member
You could manually pic out a dozen or so sprintails and then grow a culture out of them outside the new setup. Then when the culture is big and strong dump them into their new home.

Tatezor

Ha
You could manually pic out a dozen or so sprintails and then grow a culture out of them outside the new setup. Then when the culture is big and strong dump them into their new home.
Hadn't really th po ufht of that thanks! I still wanna know what else is living in there

Top Bottom