Bug vacuum for small feeders

Brodybreaux25

Chameleon Enthusiast
I just wanted to share this for anyone else out there who may have little ones who always want to help when it’s feeding time but always make a mess!

We have a bunch of small veilds that we are currently feeding 1/4” crickets. We keep them in a 10gal tank and I’m not a fan of using egg crates because it is very humid where I live and they suck up a lot of moisture very fast and get all nasty. I use leaves and branches instead, problem is this makes them harder to catch for my son who always insists on feeding the babies. So I bought him a bug vacuum for like $15 bucks on Amazon and it works great. It doesn’t put out a whole lot of suction so it’s gentle on the crickets and makes transferring them a breeze!

One word of warning though, do not use it on fruit flies or pinhead crickets. They are so small they will actually get sucked through the screen at the back of the vacuum and get chopped up by the fan blades!

5271792D-7ED4-4419-9442-EFB781D49CCB.png

Wow this is actually pretty helpful! I'll have to look into it. I hate using egg cartons because they do get gross and smelly. I'll have to keep an eye out for when it becomes available again. Thanks for sharing!

Oh this looks great! I seem to have finally developed an allergy to crickets, so this could really come in handy

I thought about that but I think it would restrict the flow too much, not have enough power to still pick the bugs up... Maybe someone will try it...

Back
Top Bottom