Bug keeping

Anisa.corp

Established Member
I'm about to order some hornworms, crickets, and wax worms (I do not have my cham yet but I will soon) and I was wonder how to I house all the bugs or more specifically what container's should I use and what should I put in with the bugs

Pop the waxworms in thr fridge, keep the hornworms in the container you get, and put the crickets into a large tote with egg crates. Gutload the crickets with leafy greens and veggies and such. Then the waxworms will be too chilled to eat or move, they will spring back "to life" when they are warmed up by the ambient air, and the hornworm get a chow mix you can buy...if you even have them long enough to need chow.

I'm about to order some hornworms, crickets, and wax worms (I do not have my cham yet but I will soon) and I was wonder how to I house all the bugs or more specifically what container's should I use and what should I put in with the bugs
Hornworms stay in the cup they come in. It has there food but they grow very fast so if you want to slow there growth put them in a cooler area around 60-70°.
Crickets you can get a cricket pen or put them in a container with egg crates and a screen top. Waxworks will also stay in the container they come in. I personally don’t recommend waxworks there all fat. Your chameleon should only have 1 or 2 a week.

Hornworms stay in the cup they come in. It has there food but they grow very fast so if you want to slow there growth put them in a cooler area around 60-70°.
Crickets you can get a cricket pen or put them in a container with egg crates and a screen top. Waxworks will also stay in the container they come in. I personally don’t recommend waxworks there all fat. Your chameleon should only have 1 or 2 a week.
Thank you I didnt realize how simple it was lol but I was also wondering how do you keep silk worms and Dubai roaches

Dubai roaches
put them in a wide pen (no need for height) with eggcrates and gutload them with greens. My dubia also love watermelon:D. As for the silkworms you might want a gridding because they poop a lot. same thing really not much height but some width. Give them mulberry leaves or mulberry chow

Thank you I didnt realize how simple it was lol but I was also wondering how do you keep silk worms and Dubai roaches

Dubias are kept the same way crickets are in a bin and screen top with egg crates. Silkworms come in a cup like hornworms but you have to take them out daily to dry them to make sure that there little cup doesn’t have that much humidity. Humidity kills them faster.
Where are you getting your feeders?

Back
Top Bottom