Bug Hunting

KapitalJ

Avid Member
So this weekend we all (wife and 3 kids) went out to help Dad (that's me) catch some grasshoppers for Mr.Yosh (my cham). We always gather up 8-10 within a few minutes. Luck was on our side this weekend as my other half (Tamara) found a nice mantis :love:. I was super excited, but I also knew that she would not want to feed it off to Mr.Yosh o_O. We were on our way back down the trail heading home when I spotted another mantis! Wow, couldn't believe it, 2 in one outing (y)! This was great, but again I knew that we probably wouldn't be feeding it off :(. By the time we got home, one of the manitis was already eating a grasshopper that I had caught for my cham, little fugger :mad:!! The one that I found is super plump I was hoping she was carrying eggs. I am pretty sure she was laying her eggs as I was leaving for work this morning :D. Pretty excited to get home and see what is there!!!! I hope I am able to hatch some, would be super cool :geek: !
Went back out Sunday to look around for more bugs and found yet another mantis. This one was fed to Mr. Yosh!! :sneaky:

On a side note. the mantis ate 5 medium crickets each in 3 days. plus the grasshopper that the one stole!! Little pigs these guys are.

Here is the "Plump One"
20160903_161717.jpg

This is the first one that Tamara found

20160906_175637.jpg

The "Plump One" again
20160906_175646.jpg

This is the one we found on the second day, this one really likes to fly.

20160905_121716.jpg

I think that sometimes I have just as much fun playing with the bugs as I do with the cham !! :ROFLMAO:

Good find! I wish we had them walking around here...

I'm considering getting a pair of ghost mantis (Phyllocrania paradoxa) since they do not eat their own as much as other mantis do.
I would try to breed them and use em as a treat.
Besides I love mantis, I was considering getting one as a pet before but ended up getting 3 terrariums more... U know how these things go...

I think that sometimes I have just as much fun playing with the bugs as I do with the cham !! :ROFLMAO:
Yea, I respect the feeders and taking good care of the feeder also helps your chameleon get a better nutritious value from them, so it's win-win (well at least until the feeder gets eaten).

So I messaged Tamara as she is at home and I asked her to go have a look for me as I am pretty excited.
I was right!!

IMG_3505.jpg

Back
Top Bottom