Budget misters.

Mad Dog Murphy

Established Member
Hi all, just researching misters, I’m not looking to invest a great deal of money on this particular item at the moment as my main costs are going towards decent lighting and the build etc, I’ve seen one like this (see attached pictures)think it maybe made by smart, seems to do everything I need, the timer probably being the most important aspect for me, is It a case of wasting money on cheap ones that won’t last or are they ok initially?
Your thoughts appreciated
97F95BE0-088E-4FFF-89B0-6E65ADC0CC41.jpeg

I haven’t seen anything like that one mentioned here. Many of us use Mist King or CliMist, which can be a bit pricey. There have been people who have made their own though and seemed to have good results. The most important part I think is making sure the pump is strong enough.

When it comes to the misting system then cheap is something I would definitely stay away from. I'd only trust something that has been proven trustworthy and reliable. Like MissSkittles said some people have built their own misting systems with success but unless you're a DIYer I'd wouldn't do it. Just my 2 cents. :)

I agree about not skimping on the misting system... I prefer the mistking starter system. You can set your individual sessions for any time during the 24 hour period and you can set each one to spray for the desired length. So your able to really dial in how you want your misting.

I agree about not skimping on the misting system... I prefer the mistking starter system. You can set your individual sessions for any time during the 24 hour period and you can set each one to spray for the desired length. So your able to really dial in how you want your misting.
^^^ the timer on mist king is fairly intuitive and allows so much control over misting times and durations you can micro manage and fine tune it very easily based on your ambient conditions and feedback from your hydrometer/ observations.

I have not had any issues or had to replace any part or components and have used the same system since 2019 on two enclosures that thrive with live plants and the mist king is a big part of that success.

You can find a brand new mistking for about 165 for the starter or directly from the manufacturer for about the same or with an upgrade or two for 185 USD. the upgrades being screen top wedges to make mounting easy and the double mister head upgrade. Both worth it in my mind. The really good timer should be included but if given the option choose the st24

In my opinion I would not believe that there are many cheap good alternatives with chameleons and their care , something ( not you ) I'm just saying in general, people either do not do enough research, impulse buy or generally are sold or given incorrect information and products. The mistking is a great piece of kit ( lol I haven't set mine up yet ) my first mister was a exoterra monsoon multi, which wasn't to bad , I did have issues with it after a while , they also do a monsoon solo , which would be cheaper but as mentioned, the mistking durable pump and versatile timer is a great combination, my second mister which is good habistat pro, but was only 40/50 pounds cheaper than the mk so definitely worth the extra money

Back
Top Bottom