Buddy language

I love that cage. Can you tell me where you got that?
Unfortunately I cant because it is home made :/

Is your enclosure bioactive? If no then remove the substrate ASAP, it’s a breeding ground for bacteria. Your bulbs should be outside (this is an on-going argument so this is IMHO) You need more coverage so your Cham feels safe, since they are arboreal they’re enclosure need to feel and look like the canopy of “crown” of the tree. Looks like you don’t have a T5HO strip, it’s important for your Chams health. Oh, and welcome to the forums!
Thanks for insights. The coverage is becoming better and better since the plant is growing very fast but I will consider buying some more. @bioactivity - is there some article / thread about that? @T5HO strip - it is something else than these 2 UVB's I have there?

"Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about. "
I wanted to ask just about his behaviour mentioned above. Thanks :)

@Katrisone said..."Yes I realize. And if she will have fertile eggs too often I will figure out something else. By now more than 2.5m x 1m x 1m is I think big enough space to keep them togerther. I tried to consult it with many breeders and they all agreed it is more than enough. They barely interact with each other"...she will lay at least 3 to 4 clutches a year...maybe more. 41 eggs is more than I'd like to see her lay in a clutch too.

What supplements do you dust with and how often with each? How much do you feed her a week? What do you feed/gutload the insects with? If she's going to produce that many eggs, how are you going to keep her in good condition so she can do it and still be healthy herself?

If you over feed her all the time there's a good chance she will develop MBD and may prolapse or even become eggbound. It's a spiral...one leads to the other...sort of.

Ask the breeders how many they've actually kept together permanently hat survived for at least 6years in the same cage. Stress is somewhat silent...you may not see it until it's too late. In the wild they can move far away from each other when they don't need to breed or interact.. In the cage there's not enounspace for that...not even in a cage that big IMHO.

Also...the lights need to be dealt with so the chameleons won't eventually climb on the bulb and get burned.

Back
Top Bottom