BSFL gutload and feeding

RyanBRZ

Avid Member
I know you do not need to gut load these but I figured it couldn't hurt to let them munch on some bug burger prior to feeding. I found that this presents moisture which allows them to climb the walls of the feeding cup. Does anyone else gut load and have a means of preventing them from escaping the feeding cup?

How do you store your stash? I do not have a 50 degree area to store them, are there any other options to make them last?

Room temp and I just throw in mushy/blended fruits and veggies. They turn it into a mildly unpleasant concoction of madness, so I just rinse them off over a piece of screen before feeding them off.

How do you then offer them to your cham? What I read is that if their feet are wet, they can climb walls. Do you dry them first?

I toss mine into his feeder cup. I do pin mine though because I had one come out the way it went in and it mentally scared me for life. Beman picks his off really fast though because they are his favorite. I rinse mine then put them on a paper towel, pin, and add to his cup.

Gotcha, ok cool.

Yeah I tried using these to get him off of supers and he has been devouring them so I think I have a winner. Going to keep BSFL's and supers as my staples. Wish I had a 50F fridge though, I have to keep them at room temp :(

Gotcha, ok cool.

Yeah I tried using these to get him off of supers and he has been devouring them so I think I have a winner. Going to keep BSFL's and supers as my staples. Wish I had a 50F fridge though, I have to keep them at room temp :(
That is still ok. As they pupate into little hard black things... Toss them in a gum container and hook that into your enclosure as they hatch they will be a great hunting feeder for him. I have a magnet on mine so it sits a little higher in the enclosure then a magnet on the outside to secure it. I attached the magnet to the lid with hot glue. Just leave the little door opening up and put in a few tiny sticks for them to climb up on. :) gum container.JPG

Back
Top Bottom