BSF and green banana roaches questions

Hi everyone,
I’d like to give my cham the joy of feeding her flying insects, and I’m thinking on bsf and green banana roaches.
I’ve been doing some research but I do have a couple of questions:
•Are green banana roaches good to release to the enclosure? Would they fly around, or would they hide like Dubias do? What if they survive the day, could they harm my cham while she sleeps?
•BSF, I’m planning on having an enclosure with the larvae, and stick some tubes in it (similar to the crickets containers) so once they pupate, the flies may get inside the tubes, and I could just use that to release them in the enclosure. Do you guys think that would work? would bsf harm the cham overnight?
•Does anyone know a place where I could find green banana roaches for sale at a reasonable price? It looks like is the most expensive feeder out there.
Thank you!

Green bananas are small and fast. They will likely run and hide if you let them go in the cage. They won't hurt the chameleon though, they're harmless. BSF are harmless as well, they are slow flies and easy to just push out of the cup.

I have green banana roaches and surinams mixed. The nymphs are small, I could probably sell you a cup of them. Feel free to message me if you'd like.

Green bananas are small and fast. They will likely run and hide if you let them go in the cage. They won't hurt the chameleon though, they're harmless. BSF are harmless as well, they are slow flies and easy to just push out of the cup.
You cup feed them? I heard they smooth surfaces so I don't know how would that work.

Back
Top Bottom