Bruise/ Scrape Help?

froggielog

Established Member
Hi

I have become worried about Oliver's habits in his cage. After we re-did it last weekend all he wants to do is climb up and down and claws at it. He did it in his last cage and this is why we re did it. I used to think it was not enough branches but then yesterday I went up to feed him and he jumped out on to me....So I'm thinking he just wants to be out of his cage altogether. Im telling you this because today I came home to find this under his mouth and i'm not sure what to think. I put some Neosporin on it ( and on his nose, because that was getting rough too) but what else can I do ? Is there anything to fix this behavior like giving him free range time or what? :(

Attachments

• h.jpg
    h.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_2322.jpg
    IMG_2322.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 183
My panther was the EXACT same! His nose ended up a lot worse than that though, he literally rubbed all the skin off and it went all rounded with no shape to it. We took him to the vets and they just told us to keep it moist and clean, after a couple of sheds it was back to normal. I'm not sure you can do much to stop him from rubbing it on the cage though, it sounds mean but with my cham, he would stand on his back legs and rub his nose across the roof of his viv. So every time I saw him standing up I would sort of clap my hands at him and the fast movement would scare him slightly so he learnt that it was naughty! (Sounds like a child rather than a chameleon!)

Chams will become very active when they are hungry. I think he is simply looking for food and rubbing his nose on the cage in the process.

Chams will become very active when they are hungry. I think he is simply looking for food and rubbing his nose on the cage in the process.

That sounds to be the case, I have been getting home pretty late recently and have only been putting a few in his cup because I keep expecting to be home sooner. I will make sure to increase that amount :)

Back
Top Bottom