Brown growth overnight

Rainy

Rainy has a small area that is growing out of his skin today I had him out yesterday and it was not there It is raided and rough help I have no ideal he is sensitive about it he eats good and drinks plenty of water poop has been fine ??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 130
Is it possible that he burned it at his basking spot? What wattage bulb are you using for his basking spot and how far away is he from the spot? Do you have a way to accurately measure the temperatures in his cage?

If the ambient temperature is a little low, they can spend too much time in the "hot spot" and get a nasty burn. They'll stay in the basking spot until their core temperature hits the temp they need.

It almost looks like a piece of poop stuck to him, have you tried washing it off? :)
It doesn't look like a burn to me, that thing is large and raised, possibly an infectious growth...but it wouldn't have appeared overnight and become that large so quickly. Maybe you just didn't notice it until now. Either way, that needs to be removed and if there's any blood or raw flesh underneath must be thoroughly cleaned. If he flinches when you try to debride it a vet visit might be in order. Try soaking him in some warm water for a while to see if that thing softens up and can come off.

Rainy

Your were right he is out on his perch and I pulled hard mad him mad but it came off thaks not sure it may have been poop but but just clean out and remove greenery and cleaned thank you very much

I did the same thing with some dirt last year. These little guys have a way of making us nervous wrecks :) Glad it was just some goo.

Back
Top Bottom