Brown/ black teeth on my veiled chameleon

Aricari

Hey guys. My chameleon has been eating/ drinking water just fine. I have his cage set up in my office where he can also craw around and I have vines/ branches set up for him to explore. Recently he has been sitting on branches with his mouth open. He’s not under his heat lamp or nothing and so one time I looked at his mouth and his teeth are brown/ black ish. He eats sill worms/ horn worms/ occasional grass hoppers/ dubias/ wax worms/ meal worms and loves cilantro and Bok Choy mixed with the above. I give him multi vitamins once a month and calcium often.
In the pictures it is hard to see as they were screen shotted from a video. But you can tell the discoloration. Also can barely see the top teeth but it also looks like they are changing colors.

Hey guys. My chameleon has been eating/ drinking water just fine. I have his cage set up in my office where he can also craw around and I have vines/ branches set up for him to explore. Recently he has been sitting on branches with his mouth open. He’s not under his heat lamp or nothing and so one time I looked at his mouth and his teeth are brown/ black ish. He eats sill worms/ horn worms/ occasional grass hoppers/ dubias/ wax worms/ meal worms and loves cilantro and Bok Choy mixed with the above. I give him multi vitamins once a month and calcium often.
In the pictures it is hard to see as they were screen shotted from a video. But you can tell the discoloration. Also can barely see the top teeth but it also looks like they are changing colors.
  • Veiled Chameleon, Male, 3 years old. In my care for 2
  • I handle my Cham almost every day. He has a vine/ branch set up outside his cage and roams freeley and goes in and out his cage as he pleases.
  • For the most part he eats silk worms that are gut loaded with the brow stuff the container comes with from the store , wax worms, and the occasional meal worms that eat dry oats.
  • Calcium and multivitamin supplements the most common brand
  • I mist every day and he also has a constant dripper.
  • Poops regular brown and white colors. Recently he had a really watery poop/pee but it was when he was really horny and would hump my hand.
  • I’m located in Colorado, his humidity levels range from 40-60. Humidifier is in his room. 2 UVB fixtures and heat ranges from 85-92. All fake plants and on the bottom I use the reptile dirt with the coconut shavings. Screen cage and he goes back and forth to the window and back to his cage. I work from home so he is always in my sight.

Back
Top Bottom