Brookesia Superciliarus

Kent67 just bought some. I am not sure where he got them of if he bought the last they had. You might pm him and ask.

http://web.archive.org/web/20080720...com/html/taxonomy/species/bsuperciliaris.html

I did just get a pair but these are my first Brookesia. From what I've read, the B. stumpffi might be easier to care for but I like the appearance of B. superciliaris a bit more so went with them. I just reread that AdCham article for the first time since purchasing the pair and have been thinking the same thing mentioned there: they are shy and much more active than I expected. They also climb more than I expected. I set them up in a good sized Exo Terra with a lot of leaf litter, bamboo, and live plants of several varieties. I softly handmist 3-4 times per day. Basically, I looked at their distribution and decided I need to make the cage and care replicate the wild areas where the parsonii turds fall. :D

So far my little pair seems to be doing well, eating and drinking. It sure looks like I could have a couple eggs soon, too.

Just finished up the tank. I'll be picking mine up next week end. Here's some snap shoots.
v-scape006_zps29662818.jpg

v-scape005_zps39d763c1.jpg

v-scape007_zpsc1eeeef2.jpg

v-scape008_zps14aa40ea.jpg

v-scape009_zps24f7d83d.jpg

v-scape010_zps0eeaf4dd.jpg
'

Back
Top Bottom