Brookesia photos....

I had two many many years ago. They were WC and I don't know how old they were when I got them. They didn't live as long as i thought they should and didn't reproduce. I'm sure I didn't have as much knowledge as I should have and that likely contributed to it sadly.

I had two many many years ago. They were WC and I don't know how old they were when I got them. They didn't live as long as i thought they should and didn't reproduce. I'm sure I didn't have as much knowledge as I should have and that likely contributed to it sadly.

Theyre expensive to get into as well. Especially since theyre so limited. I wish they made a larger foot hold here before Madagascar put a huge foot down on exporting. Id love to get into the Brookesia side of things, I cant get over the fascination, its turned into a bit of an obsession over the last couple weeks. I see a lot of people keeping some of the species together, with 3-4 per enclosure and then letting them breed and reproduce on their own. Only taking the babies out once they hatch. B. brygooi seems to be at least accessible in the states, but id love to see some of the species like B. perarmata and B. decaryi become available. I'd love to even help establish them. But alas, Madagascar is content destroying their jungles and banning the exportation of chameleons, ensuring their eventual extinction. Oh what Id give to go on expedition and study them.

Theyre expensive to get into as well. Especially since theyre so limited. I wish they made a larger foot hold here before Madagascar put a huge foot down on exporting. Id love to get into the Brookesia side of things, I cant get over the fascination, its turned into a bit of an obsession over the last couple weeks. I see a lot of people keeping some of the species together, with 3-4 per enclosure and then letting them breed and reproduce on their own. Only taking the babies out once they hatch. B. brygooi seems to be at least accessible in the states, but id love to see some of the species like B. perarmata and B. decaryi become available. I'd love to even help establish them. But alas, Madagascar is content destroying their jungles and banning the exportation of chameleons, ensuring their eventual extinction. Oh what Id give to go on expedition and study them.
The thing is that a shit ton of chameleons have been sported over the years, wayy after people acquired the knowledge how to keep them and they still haven´t been stablished. Yemens and Panthers are the only ones. You see Jacksons because of Hawaii. But time and time again tons of animals go to waste by capturing, storing and transporting them. They don´t need to be stablish in captivity but stablish in the wild. If they would not have ban them they would have disapper really fast. The only way to asure their existence is asure populations in their native range.

The thing is that a shit ton of chameleons have been sported over the years, wayy after people acquired the knowledge how to keep them and they still haven´t been stablished. Yemens and Panthers are the only ones. You see Jacksons because of Hawaii. But time and time again tons of animals go to waste by capturing, storing and transporting them. They don´t need to be stablish in captivity but stablish in the wild. If they would not have ban them they would have disapper really fast. The only way to asure their existence is asure populations in their native range.

I got some (4) things seem to going well I build a new enclosure recently, still work in progress but they seem to enjoy, they are together and I let springtail for the eventual baby :) I wish this project will work :)

I might have some little Canadian brookesia soon :)
IMG-4012.JPG
IMG-4012.JPG IMG-4254.JPG IMG-4260.JPG

Yes and no. Yes putting a ban stopped the over sporting and exporting. But Madagascar at the same time is destroying their habitats. Who knows how many countless species have gone extinct due to deforestation. One with out the other does them no good.

I got some (4) things seem to going well I build a new enclosure recently, still work in progress but they seem to enjoy, they are together and I let springtail for the eventual baby :) I wish this project will work :)

I might have some little Canadian brookesia soon :) View attachment 245818View attachment 245818View attachment 245819View attachment 245820View attachment 245818View attachment 245819View attachment 245820

Oh no! Martine, you're going to end up with all my money if you keep breeding the species I desperately want! :hilarious:

Back
Top Bottom