Bromeliads??

CalaMala

Does anyone know if Bromelaids are ok to put in the enclosure with my veiled? I like the burst of color and they hold water on the leaves well but I don't know if they are toxic....

Here's a photo incase you weren't sure what they are...lol

Attachments

• images[10].jpg
    images[10].jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 263
Here's a photo incase you weren't sure what they are...lol

Bromeliads won't like being climbed on and may be too fragile for a cham cage. There's no real risk to the cham (unless your cham chews on greens...their toxicity may not be known), but the plant may not thrive.

pretty lookin plants and do hold humidity in the "cup" of the plant at the base..but arent really ever climbed on by chams..and they do require a half day of full sun..so they dont necassaraly thrive in a cham cage..but from what i know they have never harmed my chams ( the ones that have had broms in the cages were.. carpets, panther, veiled, jacksons and quadricorns)

Not to hijack your thread, but what about carnivorius plants. I think a venus fly trap would be wicked!

one tip if you are going to get a bromeliad...do not put it in a pot...mount it to a back board and make sure that it will not be watered TOO much...

one tip if you are going to get a bromeliad...do not put it in a pot...mount it to a back board and make sure that it will not be watered TOO much...

And don't mist them with anything but demineralized or distilled water. The pores that absorb water get blocked over time and it will kill the brom. Can't reverse that AFAIK.

Back
Top Bottom