Broken sperm plug?

KhameleonMomz

Established Member
Okay guys, I need some advice. So my veiled had another pair of impacted sperm plugs, which is weird because I just asked about some about a week ago so I’m thinking maybe they were right behind each other? Anyways, I pulled out the first one beautifully but the second one seemed to snap off? I got the upper part of it but the bottom portion got stuck and my veiled started getting to uncomfortable and the piece was too deep for me to get it. I don’t want to try to get it anymore because it seems to be getting kind of irritated and I don’t want to hurt him by trying to forcefully remove it. That being said should I be concerned that it won’t come out? Or will it eventually come to light so I can easily finish removing it? The past few times that I’ve removed them they have come out without any issues so I’m not sure why this one broke off and why it started to swell a bit (possibly from removal?). Any advice would be great, I’m trying to avoid the vet at the moment since we just finished paying for my dog’s vet bills. But I’ll do anything that I need to do.

You need to address the actual issue causing them not to expel on their own. Typically this is related to a hydration issue. Night time humidity levels being above 80% helps them as well.

You need to address the actual issue causing them not to expel on their own. Typically this is related to a hydration issue. Night time humidity levels being above 80% helps them as well.
Okay, I see. Ever since he was little it’s very difficult to get him to drink on his own so maybe I need to increase his water intake when I syringe it to him. Thank you! I know we only had his humidity at night and in the early mornings at around 75% so I’ll for sure change it!

Okay, I see. Ever since he was little it’s very difficult to get him to drink on his own so maybe I need to increase his water intake when I syringe it to him. Thank you! I know we only had his humidity at night and in the early mornings at around 75% so I’ll for sure change it!
I would not recommend force hydrating. This really is not natural for them. Just run a cool mist fogger at night when your temps are the coolest under 68 degrees. So it ups the humidity levels to 80-100% say midnight to 4am.

Back
Top Bottom