broken ribs?

well considering that she is still very active, and when handling her, she has a very strong grip, the vet said that there may be a slight ammount of discomfort, but she couldnt see any sign of pain. she said that if there was pain, she would be acting much differentally.

It sounds like she will make it. If the ribs are still in place and they aren't completely broken than you should be O.K. Keep her on a high calcium diet, and make sure she has access to get in range of the UVB bulb. Maybe get a stronger bulb if she can't get close enough (for a 5.0 bulb= 5"-10"; a 10.0 bulb= 10"-20".)

i tihnk what will just happen is that bone calius' will form and that will be the end of it... just a little unfortunate battle scar.if i keep her happy and well fed though i dont think it will be very noticeable. Even now it isnt really very noticible. I'm hoping she will lead a very happy and successful life!!

Update!

Ok so i got Antonia back from the pet store about a week and a half ago, because they offered to look after Antonia because of her fragile condition after i bought her, and they nursed her back to health on liquid calcium, and a vareity of insects! While you can still see little bumps where the ribs origionally suffered damage, they are now straight and she is very strong and doing very well! It seems as though Antonia, when i bought her was the last chameleon they had, and apperentally quite weak, in anycase extra care and extra calcuim did her a world of good! New photos are in my gallery, and im sure you will immediatally see the difference! This is proof that calcium is very very very important in a chameleon's diet!

Cheers all!

-Marc

Back
Top Bottom