Broken ribs, not eating, very little poop?

No one said you were... Kinyonga didn't attack you and say it wasn't just asked if it was your being pretty petty here, and overreacting heavily. The basking light appears like its in the cage in that picture, could be a reflection or something, but it seems its in the viv, thus not a screen top by first glance. I did notice the screen side though, myself, but that can be deceiving.

Now then great she laid, that cage needs ALOT more plants, and a lot more branches, that is not really a suitable interior for a Chameleon Cage :), its a good start, but you need much more :). This is why she wants out, she doesn't have enough branches or places to hide.

Also why do you have a water bowl? Do you not mist the Viv? Chameleons dont need a waterbowl.
Again, she comes out when she wants too, and willingly sits at my desk and hangs out... and we leave her doors open when we are home letting her go in and out as she pleases. And seriously she (even while sitting in her ficus tree that is out side of her cage) will crawl onto hands and just chill. We even notice when want to go back as she will crawl up my head.. and then I put her back. I'm not being petty... I was looking for an answer so certain question. But not a lecture on my process which work for 9 years before her... but this is why I'm always hesitant to post things. But alas I'm done here.

Ah, the dog that bites the hand that feeds. Your little tirade doesn't change the fact that you admitted to needing help and the fact that your setup wasn't ideal. Fancy degree and profession notwithstanding, you didn't know it all. You had a male before and it ended up with an easily preventable disease despite its age. Females are physiologically different than males. Pretty basic biology that an animal that doesn't eat doesn't produce feces. Pertinent caging, biological and anatomical information is posted under the Resources heading here for anyone to read for themselves. No need to sully yourself by engaging with lowly forum members.

You're done here? Fine. I'm sure CF can get along without the snotty attitude or the disrespectful language.

The innocent bystander in this tempest in a teapot is your cham. I hope she doesn't need more help. Probably burned a bridge here. Good luck to her.

My deepest apologies to all the nicer helpful folks here. I don't usually stoop to trading insults partly because it doesn't often make a dent. I just hate to see good will snubbed by arrogance.

Last edited:
You said..."I didn't need you to lecture me on this. I was merely putting out info. I was mostly concerned because we suspected she was ready to lay eggs but wasn't doing so"... I didn't lecture you, I just gave you advice based on many years of experience and studying chameleons. Females are different than males and while it was good that your male lived to be 9, I doubt very much that your female will. Overfeeding females results in them laying large clutches, obesity, MBD and even prolapses and other health issues. This is a FACT...PROVEN.

Also...females producing eggs use more calcium than males because they produce eggs that have shells of calcium and also use calcium to make the muscles work to expel the eggs...so it's important to dust the insects properly.

You said..."Seriously dont treat everyon like a dumbass please, it's the reason I stay off these sites."...I don't ever treat people like dumbasses!

I hope your chameleon will do well. I'm on here for the chameleons and want to see them do well.

Back
Top Bottom