Broken reptibreeze

Home Depot has DIY screen repair kits. But they only work if your cage frame is like a window screen with the plastic ring that holds the screen in place.

I think the screen on the Reptibreeze cages are machined into the frame and
cant be replaced the same way as a window frame, but I could be wrong as I am not home to look at one.
Also need to be careful of sharp wire from broken screen. It can injure your cham. I put a small dab of hot glue on them if I cant bend them out of the way.

I think the screen on the Reptibreeze cages are machined into the frame and
cant be replaced the same way as a window frame, but I could be wrong as I am not home to look at one.
Also need to be careful of sharp wire from broken screen. It can injure your cham. I put a small dab of hot glue on them if I cant bend them out of the way.

If this is indeed true, then you could always cut a piece of screen to fit and then hot glue it over the hole, like a patch! :)

Depending on the hole, I've been known to sew them shut. If there's a small tear I may sew it up with thin fishing line or black sewing thread, and that usually does the trick for keeping crickets in the cage. And usually it's very inconspicuous, so no one notices.

I beleive you can remove the screen like max said. It will be done from the inside, there will be a black pc of rubber wedging the sceen into a groove, remove the plastic srtip and replace with new screen in revearse

i like olimpias idea with the fishing line.the gold chain i wear is held together with it for about 6 years now.very strong

You can take them off but depending on what size split it is you could also patch it like others have said. I had a hole right in the middle from where I out a DIY mister, now that I don't need it anymore I took it out and hot glued a small piece if screen over it.

Back
Top Bottom