broken legs

shelly090906

our 4month old yemen cham appears to have fallen out of one of his trees and now his front legs have lumps sticking out which seem to be bone. he can still use them but he is very shaky is there anything we can do for him!?:confused:

I have had a few chameleons fall off the screen or mis-step on their vines or plants-but never had one get hurt or break a leg-just in case there is a calcium issue-please fill out the following...However in the mean time I would see a Vet-they can set the bone if it is protruding too much.
Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage construction (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and type of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Location - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Current Problem - The current problem that you are concerned about.

Pictures are helpful

I agree with the vet comment, pictures would also be helpful.

I know in some more severe cases of MBD, bones can become warped to the point of looking like breaks/fractures.

Get him checked out and let us know how the fella makes out.

Pictures are worth a thousand words. Get some pics up and we can give you some appropriate advise. Also complete the info that Julirs posted.

Back
Top Bottom