Bringing Reptiles to Canada

notacoshells

My parents want to go to Canada for 1 and a half weeks. I have a baby panther Chameleon but with no one to care for it but me. So can I bring it with me?
Thanks

In short: "no". Dogs and cats are fairly easy to get over the border, but not other animals. Sorry. I guess you'll have to find a local babysitter. Post where you are and maybe someone on the forum can take your chameleon until you come back. Good luck.

My parents want to go to Canada for 1 and a half weeks. I have a baby panther Chameleon but with no one to care for it but me. So can I bring it with me?
Thanks

If you are coming from outside the country of Canada, you will need a special permit to take the chameleon across the border, legally. Its difficult / time consuming / expensive to get such paperwork, so much better to find a pet sitter, or to stay home.

chams cant really travel..especially since they are an exotic reptile (they still go by "old world chameleons")..its possible..but i heard it takes about a month to clear for travel..ied just post where you are, and see if someone close by can take watch for you..its only 2 weeks..its not that long..

Back
Top Bottom