bright yellow melleri

flyty808

hi all. i currently have 3 mellers at my house and in the last month 2 of them have turned bright yellow with little to no other colors.and the most recent one did and started to look bad i have a time laps of today as it happened but im having trouble uploading them. but mainly i was wondering what all yellow coloration means? thanks for all of your advice. and pics to come soon.

I have no clue, but Id love to see that video:)
:)Freakin love those creepy things:)

not a video just photos every half hour or so.. but im concerned cause she/he didnt look good at all.but now she is seeming better. ima see how she is tomorrow.

not a video just photos every half hour or so.. but im concerned cause she/he didnt look good at all.but now she is seeming better. ima see how she is tomorrow.

:eek:
Oh.
Still be good to see if you get them up.
I have no melleri experience, so I cant say, sorry.
I hope they are well though!
Good luck;)

:eek:
Oh.
Still be good to see if you get them up.
I have no melleri experience, so I cant say, sorry.
I hope they are well though!
Good luck;)

well im having trouble uploading them but if u pm me ur # id be happy to show u some of my cham collection.

Sounds like stress colors.

thats what im thinking cause i thought i was gonna loose her for a min. but i have another meller who went all yellow and was just fine just got stressed from put out in the free range. maybe she didnt like something in my room while i was gone. she was fine this morning and bright yellow when i got home at 3 and went down hill from there. but now she seems to be coming back.

If it is stress it will have spots.

Males can loose their green and go kind of a grey and yellow during breeding season.

Can they see each other and are they housed together or seperately?

I've found that unlike a lot of what you might read on the internet my males will become very territorial if kept seperately, and if they can see other males once this happens they will spot up and threaten each other (nodding, flap waggling). They will brighten up and flash a lot of yellow during these displays.

Could it be heat stress? my melleri start to wash out and become yellow when ambient temps are above the mid 80's

Could it be heat stress? my melleri start to wash out and become yellow when ambient temps are above the mid 80's

well she was used to cooler temps of the so cal days and nights but it started to get to the mid 40s and i brought them in and then bam over night bright yellow to molting black and now dead. the temps inside at the warmest was 80 and its 65 at night in my room

Back
Top Bottom