Bright burst in color?

She looks full grown and increased eating still increase egg production, so the lay bin needs to be done asap. Especially if she is flashing you new colors!
Full grown? I’m not sure a PetCo would own an adult like this. She’s been in my care for a little over a month. No idea what conditions she was in at PetCo whether there was males inside with her. I’m guessing she’s approaching half a year old. Here’s a photo of her head next to a quarter for reference.
(PS she didn’t like this lmao)

Attachments

• 2A8C7465-A4B8-4F6E-A9B8-EB5DF6F6643C.jpeg
    2A8C7465-A4B8-4F6E-A9B8-EB5DF6F6643C.jpeg
    260.5 KB · Views: 75
Full grown? I’m not sure a PetCo would own an adult like this. She’s been in my care for a little over a month. No idea what conditions she was in at PetCo whether there was males inside with her. I’m guessing she’s approaching half a year old. Here’s a photo of her head next to a quarter for reference.
(PS she didn’t like this lmao)
20190912_195936.jpg

If shes not adult shes VERY close. My female is 2 years old.

Is that a felt hammock in your enclosure?

It is, I use it for giving feeders mostly. I’m upgrading to a feeder cup soon and that nasty mat will be outta there

I would take it out now yo its probably a petri dish of bacteria and could make her sick. Zip tie or wire any deli cup to the screen and poke holes in the bottom (so it does not collect water.)
20190912_202925.jpg

I just made this in a few minutes
20190912_202841.jpg

Things to keep in mind with chameleon cages:

Unless are bioactive-- the entire enclosure needs to dry out completely for a portion of the day--thats why we say no carpet no bark and no substrate without plants. Wet + heat = bacteria growth and if there is no cuc no good.

I recently learned that I needed to swap out my vines because they were all the same size and that can wear on their feet -- different sizes present the pressure from.being on the same place all the time.

I think I posted my enclosure on one of your other threads and I consider mine kind of sparse. My long term goal is to have a enclosure that makes it hard to find her for a minute!

I saw someone say you were going bioactive and asking about cuc so I figured I'd throw some of my experience in to consider I'm your next build.

I hope you keep is all updated with your progress and the female (what's her name ??) She is beautiful and I'm stoked for all the plans you have! I wanna to bioactive!!

Last edited:
Things to keep in mind with chameleon cages:

Unless are bioactive-- the entire enclisire needs to dry out completely for a portion of the day--thats why we way no carpet no bark and no substrate with no plants. Wet + heat = bacteria growth and if there is no cuc no good.

I recently learned that I needed to swap out my vines because they were all the same size and that can wear on their feet -- different sizes present the pressure from.being on the same place all the time.

I think I posted my enclosure on one of your other threads and I consider mine kind of sparse. My long term goal is to have a enclosure that makes it hard to find her for a minute!

I saw someone say you were going bioactive and asking about cuc so I figured I'd throw some of my experience in to consider I'm your next build.

I hope you keep is all updated with your progress and the female (what's her name ??) She is beautiful and I'm stoked for all the plans you have! I wanna to bioactive!!
Absolutely it’s in my first post but I’m turning a water heater into an enclosure with our laser welder

Attachments

• D12C5AB2-50C6-47E4-A3BB-F0462E847223.jpeg
    D12C5AB2-50C6-47E4-A3BB-F0462E847223.jpeg
    242.1 KB · Views: 47
Back
Top Bottom