Brev Home, Work in Progress

Woodinville

Ok I've added most of the plants to my future Brev Condo. I'm still going to add some more epiphytes, leaf litter, and maybe some more miniature plant species, but it's pretty much done. Now I need for the Shefflera and palms that I planted to grow. Once they fill in, I think the foliage will be dense enough to make the Brev's feel safe and hidden. Should I get a small fan for circulation and cooling if it gets too warm?

Also, for those who have Exo-Terra, how does the front circulation strip directly under the two doors work for keeping insects inside the tank? Can crickets escape through those small holes? Thanks in advance for your input :)

Attachments

• Front2.jpg
    Front2.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 297
  • Left2.jpg
    Left2.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 245
  • Right2.jpg
    Right2.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 223
It looks fantastic!
I would add more leaf litter and bark on the floor ... but that seems uber picky.;)
When are you thinking of hunting down your group?

-Brad

SWEET! When I used the Exo-Terra setup for our pygs, I found the smaller crickets (and even tiny sow-bugs) managed to escape. Watch out for little beggars getting out via the hinge sides of your doors when you are cleaning or feeding. If you use a fan, do so from a distance, for a gentle "chimney" effect of air circulation. Have fun keeping the glass clean too!:rolleyes:
You'll spend more time watching your little dragons than in front of your TV.

You guys are too kind! Thanks for the compliments :)
Note taken, Brad, about the leaf litter. I think that will add the final touch for them to feel at home. I'll experiment with something over the front door panel, to minimize bug escapes. Maybe a swath of vinyl screen.

Your cage looks great. Only thing I could add would be to run some branches parallel to the ground a few inches above the ground. They like to cruise above the substrate looking for crickets.:)

If you want to keep your glass spotless use distilled water it works great its about 95cents a gallon use it in your misting bottle.

If you want to keep your glass spotless use distilled water it works great its about 95cents a gallon use it in your misting bottle.

But then you deprive the animals of trace minerals in their drinking water.
A damp micro fiber cloth will clean the glass easily with no chemicals.

-Brad

he means natural minerals in water that they find useful with living.
also if you just scrape it with a fresh razor blade it will clean it off easy and not deprive them of the minerals they need. i had to do this to my turtle tank like once a week.

Back
Top Bottom