Brev Eggs

melric

Avid Member
So I come home from shopping all day and with new plants for my chameleons. I'm cleaning out my pygmy aquarium and removing the dead plants. I think to myself before I return these I better check for eggs. The first place my fingers dug up I found 5 little eggs. 5 of them!!! I've read that's their max. Funny thing is I saw one of them digging a few weeks ago or at least finishing a dig and didn't think anything of it. So I've got them out and in my incubator with my Velied eggs. Any suggestions on temps or any advice at all would be helpful.

Wow, 5 is a big clutch! Necas suggests daytime temps of 68-75F with night drops to 64-68F. On the warmer side of the spectrum they hatched in fewer days than on the cooler side. Time to hatch ranges from approx 60-90 days depending on temps. I'm using moist vermiculite with 3/4 of each egg buried and they're in an airtight tupperware in a closet. Mine have been incubating within that temp range (cooler at first, now warmer with the change in seasons) for 65 days and look big and healthy so hopefully any day now I will have baby brevs!

When they hatch, send some my way! :D
That is, if you are planning on parting with them. I just finished my viv and I can't wait to get some little pygs in there!

Wow, 5 is a big clutch! Necas suggests daytime temps of 68-75F with night drops to 64-68F. On the warmer side of the spectrum they hatched in fewer days than on the cooler side. Time to hatch ranges from approx 60-90 days depending on temps. I'm using moist vermiculite with 3/4 of each egg buried and they're in an airtight tupperware in a closet. Mine have been incubating within that temp range (cooler at first, now warmer with the change in seasons) for 65 days and look big and healthy so hopefully any day now I will have baby brevs!

Wow thanks for the info. Makes me wonder how long they've been in there and when to expect them to hatch. They look kinda yellowish. Well like yellow spots. Does that sound normal? I'll post some pics soon.

I was planning on keeping them unless they have a lot more. Haha.

my brevs mated the other day and all day sunday the male was on the floor of the viv and was digging a hole. i thought it should be the other way around?

Wow thanks for the info. Makes me wonder how long they've been in there and when to expect them to hatch. They look kinda yellowish. Well like yellow spots. Does that sound normal? I'll post some pics soon.

Two of my eggs have small yellowish areas on them. They're not big areas. I'm not entirely sure how normal it is since this is my first clutch though...

I was planning on keeping them unless they have a lot more. Haha.

Me too! :D

Okay here goes. I guess they have a lot more yellow than I remember. I hope they're fertile. I have a 2 female to 1 male ratio in their enclosure. How do they look? They are so tiny, and cute. I have them in a deli cup filled with about an inch of hatchrite.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 102
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 95
Okay here goes. I guess they have a lot more yellow than I remember. I hope they're fertile. I have a 2 female to 1 male ratio in their enclosure. How do they look? They are so tiny, and cute. I have them in a deli cup filled with about an inch of hatchrite.

They look fine. My little female laid 5 eggs too. You'll be amazed how big they get before they hatch, although they look pretty big now:)

Eggs3-21-11.jpg

Here are my little ones. :) The thermometer in there says 77 but the digital probe in there says 74. I was curious how different the two types would be since I've heard analogues aren't accurate. You can see a yellow spot on the bottom of the one of the far right and top of the middle egg.

They look fine. My little female laid 5 eggs too. You'll be amazed how big they get before they hatch, although they look pretty big now:)
Yay! I'm glad they look okay. They do seem bigger I guess already. They definitely are larger than a tic tac. lol. I got my pyg's back in January and one looked preggo already so maybe she laid back then and I didn't notice until the plant died.
View attachment 33576

Here are my little ones. :) The thermometer in there says 77 but the digital probe in there says 74. I was curious how different the two types would be since I've heard analogues aren't accurate. You can see a yellow spot on the bottom of the one of the far right and top of the middle egg.

I see the yellow spots! Cool. Well, mine have a lot more yellow I wonder why. I hope all of ours hatch! Yay, again! haha.:D:D:D

They've hatched! I'm so excited. I've been checking on them practically everyday since I found them. Talk about an anxious long two month wait! I'll have to post pics. So far three are completely out and one is halfway out. One is still inside it's egg. They're so tiny!!!

Congrats! They are so cute. Mike at Fl chams told me they do better on pinheads than FF after I lost several babies. So pick up some pinheads! Don't forget pictures too!

Back
Top Bottom