Breeding Trioceros deremensis

CritterKing

Hello everyone,

Sorry to post my questions here, but It seems I do not have sufficient privileges to ask these questions under the advanced topics.

I have some questions regarding breeding Trioceros deremensis. Is there someone who has successfully bred with this magnificent species?
I have more than 20 years’ experience with breeding several species but for me this is the first time with Deremensis. I’ve bought a couple of them more than a year ago. They were small and young when I bought them. End of last year I’ve witnessed them copulating multiple times and now one of the females has laid her eggs. The other one (I have 5 in total. 2 males 3 females) is now heavily gravid. Normally I keep them in pairs or in trio’s, gravid females I keep separately.

Can someone tell me a bit more on: temperatures, incubation times, rearing young, etc. I have bred successfully with Trioceros montium, so can I compare these species? I’m a bit in the dark as I am not able to find any information on the internet on this species except for general husbandry.

Thank you!

Mario J.

Here some pics

The males

Females:

One of the enclosures

eggs:

I don't have any advice for you, but those are spectacular chameleons and I wish you the best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom