Breeding question!

fishy12

Hi, I am starting to keep chameleons and don't plan on breeding. I need to walk before i fly.:D I was thinking the other day. And do you guys keep 2 cages set up to raise your babies in till ready to sell. Or what cause i don't get it. And do u use a incubator for the eggs. I heard you use a bucket they burrow in???:) Any thing for me to understand more will be nice lol.

Well first you place a bucket of sand in the female cage so she can lay her eggs. Then you dig them up carefully and incubate them until they are hatched. You should use small screen/combo meshes with maybe 5-8 individuals in each cage. Until they are mature age to be sold then their off with their new keeper.

thats BASIC BREEDING lol

Babies are kept separate from the parents; depending on the number of babies and the size differences (due to earlier vs. later hatching), they may end up being kept in several containers. This thread from one of our members gives a breakdown of some of the practical resources in raising babies. Depending on the species, it may or may not be necessary to use an incubator or some sort of controlled temperature system. Search around or browse through the "breeding" forum; there's lots of discussion of this, and many people have pictures and examples of laying bins, eggs in vermiculite, hatchlings, etc.

I know this sounds dumb but how do i view my threads. I cant find them. The only way i find them is by going to forums and searching thro them to find mine..... Im new so dont be too harsh...I also suck with computers:D

Up at the top right you will see Welcome, fishy12 followed by 'you last visited...etc."

Click your name (fish12.) Click statistics. Click Find all threads started by fishy12. There ya go!

Back
Top Bottom