Breeding Operation

Where I'm from we call that "Looking to get robbed!!" ;)

Should be enough there to get two faly's!!!!!!!;)

Where I live they don't ban guns so people try and keep thief hands out of the cookie jar ;) If ya managed to get to the cash im probably dead so just take my falys lol

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344360099.838177.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344360099.838177.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 135
Joe, the llc and web domain are already bought but after what has been said here will not be posted. And ever type of panther, and veiled.

thats going to be sweet maybe get some jacksons too people love them oh and have both kinds of nosy be's some people likle them true blue some like them the light blue green color with the red speckles whenever u get everything set up let me know through a pm:D

Joe, the llc and web domain are already bought but after what has been said here will not be posted. And ever type of panther, and veiled.

No reason to not post it, nobody is saying not to, you have not been a jerk on here and I see nothing wrong with what you are asking or wanting to do. This thread is no comparision to the other thread as far as your attitude or questions go imo. I dunno the husbandry at the level these guys who have commented do, but those who did give warning or cautionary tales have bred many clutches and just imparting some knowledge.

You have to remember they see ppl who are looking to make a buck pop up all the time after they see the price cham's sell for at an expo and how many eggs i na clutch, they start multiplying and forget to do any subtracting. :D

I plan on breeding and selling at one point for profit. Its hard work and responsibility that will make a company work, and like stated earlier the right connections.
It may be a hard thing to do. BUT nothing is impossible ;D

If you want to throw away 200 grand, send it to me. I promise to put it out of it's misery quick! Good luck to you and your breeding endeavors.

staff

Im buying everything right now, would be suprised how cheap everything gets in bulk, starting a veiled operation in wisconsin and the panther op in florida.
no need for staff now but when they start coming in yes, staff will be hired. not for $1 an hour either. basically going to be on a knowledge basis and exp basis.
by this time next year should have several hundred little chams running around and dont need any dying because paco getting $1 an hour doesnt give a shit if they live or die.
talking to a breeder right now about coming aboard to help with the knowledge portion, we will see.
-Justin

I'm just tuning into this thread now..I'm a little confused, is it a joke or for real? Is the OP really saying he's about to drop 200k to start a chameleon business?

If so I say good luck to you! But I will also offer a word of warning, a big part of the reason the current bigger breeders or the specialty breeders are successful are because of their reputation. People want name brands, they generally don't want an unknown breeder, people who want a parsonii, want a Chuck G parsonii, or a panther cham from FLChams...do these breeders offer chameleons that are that much better than the competition? Maybe they do, maybe they don't, but when people buy from them they know exactly what they are getting and they are prepared to pay for it. It's the same reason people buy Nike...it's a trusted brand.

I am sure if you are serious about this business idea, you will have already thought about all of these things tho, so again I say good luck to you, and keep us posted on your progress!

I'm just tuning into this thread now..I'm a little confused, is it a joke or for real? Is the OP really saying he's about to drop 200k to start a chameleon business?

If so I say good luck to you! But I will also offer a word of warning, a big part of the reason the current bigger breeders or the specialty breeders are successful are because of their reputation. People want name brands, they generally don't want an unknown breeder, people who want a parsonii, want a Chuck G parsonii, or a panther cham from FLChams...do these breeders offer chameleons that are that much better than the competition? Maybe they do, maybe they don't, but when people buy from them they know exactly what they are getting and they are prepared to pay for it. It's the same reason people buy Nike...it's a trusted brand.

I am sure if you are serious about this business idea, you will have already thought about all of these things tho, so again I say good luck to you, and keep us posted on your progress!

Pretty serious about it. My price estimates were way off though. Paying full retail for everything was looking at about $700 a chameleon. After a few bulk orders it quickly went down to $425 a chameleon. Plus about $600 a month in feeders and $1,300 a month in sqf another $85 in vitamins, $500 in gas electric, $115 a month for water. It gets pricey. 100 breeding females.
Looking for 8-9mo panther girls, pm me if you want to sell a few.

And that's for a 100% indoor operation.

Soo...your costs are over $400/cham not including all the other costs you mentioned, not even including staff, and you think you're gonna turn a million dollars from that type of investment and selling the babies cheaper than 'big breeders' (which by the way you would be one) so quickly? That's very optimistic, to put it lightly. Very, very optimistic. Just sayin...

Well it sounds like you are diving in head first, so I hope it works out well for you. I'm sure people will appreciate another option when it comes to purchasing chameleons, so long as the source is responsible with the health and care of their chameleons.

I was just curious, have you ever considered going about this business from the complete opposite direction? What I mean is this, if it were me doing this, I would begin collecting what I considered to be the best available specimens, after getting a reasonably decent collection begin breeding. In the first year, breed and release only enough chams to cover some housing/lighting and feeding expenses. Get yourself out there, build a name, and then the following year, assuming you were able to sell off whatever you wanted to sell, you can double/triple etc your operation, and already have a bit of a following from happy customers from the previous season.

At least this way you're not dropping a ton of cash on the hopes that people want what you're selling, or the hopes that there isn't currently another big unknown breeder out there that is already doing what you are going to attempt and just before you are ready for business, he comes out of the woodwork and starts selling panthers for a price you cannot match without going bust.

Just a thought...not trying to convince you of one thing or another.

Yes, I have thought of that. But then after going to Daytona and seeing how under represented the chameleons at the show were quickly began writing a business plan for a different method of approach. Seen a few site sponsors there and talked with them. Kind of interesting how no one else has thought of the ideals that my site is going to offer (to include zoo-med, the guys that put on the show in Daytona) different approach, more than 200k and a name and reputation that will quickly be built over night.

I dunno his plan but applaud his action. Many go thru life never taking chances and never see their dreams become reality or build the type of character earned when they fall and have to get back up. I know ppl are going to say he is taking the chance at the risk of the chams, but they are at risk every day in the wild and in captivity due to poor husbandry etc.

I wish you the best of luck! The question is the public up for the demands of cham ownership? If you increase the public attention to possibility of cham pets please educate on husbandry as well.

There is lots of money to be made in exotic snakes. I have a friend who is a police officer but claims to make way more money with his snake breeding business. 20k might only get you one pair of good exotic snakes to breed though. Big investment there!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom