Breeding* dubias

EveryGreen

Established Member
So as crazy as I might sound. I’m gonna start breeding dubias. As it gets pretty cold up in northern Virginia, i’m gonna use a heat mat, and insulation to keep it the correct breeding temperature year round, if you want to give me constructive criticism i’m all for it. (I have roach chow and water crystals on the way)
I plan on sandwiching the heat may between two ceramic tiles, to prevent the plastic from melting. I have plenty of ventilation as well. Any tips I should try in this journey of breeding?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 132
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 92
They won't lay eggs in the cartons!!! LOL looks like your off to a good start. Good luck
Yeah it’s not bare bottom either. I sprinkled about 3/4 of an inch of oats on the bottom (since obviously there is no fraz yet)

For my colonies since I keep them bioactive the thermal heat in the bins keep them warm but coming winter I’ll be adding a space heater in a closet. Ceramic bulbs are good as well just want to get a low watt one so it doesn’t over heat.

For my colonies since I keep them bioactive the thermal heat in the bins keep them warm but coming winter I’ll be adding a space heater in a closet. Ceramic bulbs are good as well just want to get a low watt one so it doesn’t over heat.
Okay, I will look into that aswell.

Back
Top Bottom