Breeding different species of chameleons?

The Scrill

I know this sounds ridiculous, but can you breed a Yemen chameleon with a Panther? I'm pretty sure they can't, but I really want some baby chameleons that are rainbow colored with the big crest on their head. OMG or a Jackson with a Panther would be awesome. Do you think its a incompatible sperm thing or a them not wanting to breed thing? Share your thoughts on the matter and post what you would think the coolest combo of chameleon offspring would be.

Not possible and generally considered pretty irresponsible to try. Any species cross to even have a chance at success would have to be at least in the same genus. Even then it is risky at best.

Someone here crossed a graceful and a veiled (I think those were the two species) and most of the offspring died, the few that survived supposedly were healthy but I have my doubts...

Either way there are few enough chameleons being captive bred why play the losing game of trying to mix species? Your better off, and more likely to have success if you selectively breed a single species for traits you want to carry on.

Not possible and generally considered pretty irresponsible to try. Any species cross to even have a chance at success would have to be at least in the same genus. Even then it is risky at best.

Someone here crossed a graceful and a veiled (I think those were the two species) and most of the offspring died, the few that survived supposedly were healthy but I have my doubts...

Either way there are few enough chameleons being captive bred why play the losing game of trying to mix species? Your better off, and more likely to have success if you selectively breed a single species for traits you want to carry on.

you sir have my respect

Back
Top Bottom